This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
    Gaviscon sachets are magic for heartburn.
    Level up and discover Ranitidine, it's the next best thing til you go prescription. Like a quid at Poundland, 95p at Wilko, 79p at Home Bargains, Heron Foods and Bodycare. Or about £4 for the branded version, Zantac. I think Bell's 79p Ranitidine works way better and quicker than Zantac.

Onto my irk, just downered out by Reading about that Khashoggi stuff, there were more (extremely grisly) details in Metro today. It's a truly macabre tale which I've been sorta following since last week. Ugh, it's grim. There are certainly no pastel-pink bunnies with this story, jeezis H!

Comment

Also, quick, fast heartburn fix, which I vouch for multiply:

2 X heaped teaspoons of sodium bicarb in a tumbler full of cold water, or a glass/cup of that size.

Try it.

Comment

My other remedy is plain yoghurt with cumin on top. I realise yoghurt is a euphemism for sperm and that cumin can be misread as coming.

It actually tastes nice, which is a bonus.

Comment

It's for the greater good, and should be applauded! I appreciate heartburn tips, I know a few and can handle it well nowadays but more tips make the knowledge muscles stronger and that actually sounds nice...cold and soothing...straight from the fridge. Yeah!

Comment

That Apple Cider Vinegar remedy, though...maybe it was just me but I just wanted to die, so much acid.

Comment

And then I'm thinking if the Khashoggi thing is all a ruse to make us hate the Saudis. But it sounds too awful not to be real.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                It's for the greater good, and should be applauded! I appreciate heartburn tips, I know a few and can handle it well nowadays but more tips make the knowledge muscles stronger and that actually sounds nice...cold and soothing...straight from the fridge. Yeah!
                I found out American tap water gives me crazy heartburn. Apparently it's all the flouride they put in it.

I had a four-week business trip there last year and every day was agony. I tested and stayed away from all different kinds of food but it didn't help. Same thing this year, until I joked to my wife that it was probably the water messing me up.

Turns out it WAS the bloody water!

My last few days in NYC were bliss once I started drinking mineral water and could have fun with food

Can't wait for my trip next Spring. Buffalo wings and burritos every goddamn day.

Comment

I do not like the fluoro, I had a med that made it massively assault my blood-brain barrier once, was literally on my knees.

I'm taking it back to the Irk, god bless my soul.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    I found out American tap water gives me crazy heartburn. Apparently it's all the flouride they put in it.
                    I get heartburn and feel sick to my stomach if I use fluoride toothpaste. If I've ever gone back to it, the symptoms come straight back within 24hrs. I have been using fluoride-free toothpaste for years -- the Aloedent brand is really good.

The thing with fluoride -- is it does kill bacteria that cause tooth decay, simply because it's a poison designed to kill weeds. So dentists say it's fine to use as long as you don't swallow any. But it's not that simple, so it gets in the blood stream and causes problems that build up over time.

So I'd recommend people who look after their teeth stop using fluoride toothpaste, because you don't need fluoride if you take care of your teeth properly. Fluoride is a heavy-handed and risky way of trying to prevent tooth decay.

Comment

Japanese toothpastes either have very little or no fluoride in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                        I get heartburn and feel sick to my stomach if I use fluoride toothpaste. If I've ever gone back to it, the symptoms come straight back within 24hrs. I have been using fluoride-free toothpaste for years -- the Aloedent brand is really good.

The thing with fluoride -- is it does kill bacteria that cause tooth decay, simply because it's a poison designed to kill weeds. So dentists say it's fine to use as long as you don't swallow any. But it's not that simple, so it gets in the blood stream and causes problems that build up over time.

So I'd recommend people who look after their teeth stop using fluoride toothpaste, because you don't need fluoride if you take care of your teeth properly. Fluoride is a heavy-handed and risky way of trying to prevent tooth decay.
                        [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] is this true or does Leon need a tinfoil hat!

Comment

A tinfoil hat won't stop the fluoride getting into the bloodstream!

All those warnings about supervising kids when they're brushing their teeth and making sure they don't swallow the toothpaste make sense.

Comment

Seems like there's been a lot of darkness on the forum recently, a lot of members under black clouds. It's becoming more difficult to read as we go on and our little niche on the web becomes ever smaller. I think way more than many corners of the web, we can genuinely call ourselves a community. It saddens me to read a lot of stuff that happened recently, but I'd like to say as someone that's went through an absolute rollercoaster of life over the last few decades, whether we're obvious friends on here or not, you can always drop me a message for a chat.

Comment

You’re a good guy, Colin.

Comment

Great post Col.

I've always thought of this site as a friendly place and in a couple of months I'll have been here 13 years, blink of an eye it's swished past like a Belmont whip, I'll be 44 and *still* raving about Contra 3.

I think it's distilled nicely like a nice single malt, I sense we are all still here because it's a very nice little oasis and thank gods it still is!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X