This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Mine from 2011 has been my main PC controller besides of course being used for my 360. I really want to upgrade to a One pad mainly due to the input latency caused by the receiver box but I just can't bring myself to part with it for some reason. It's been worn down to the absolute bone - the analogues have exposed their hard plastic underneath the rubber and the plastic casing that was once matte is now all glossy like some demo pod controller. I'm kind of perversely interested to see just how much more it can take. Easily my most used controller of all time.

Not my favourite, though. That award goes to either the SNES or the GameCube. I love the form of the Switch Pro but the dust that gathers from the analogues sliding against the housing is very nasty indeed.
    I actually tried to smash a GC controller once (I dropped a desk on the cord and sliced through it by accident). I couldn’t actually break it. It sat on my shelf for years mocking me.

Comment

360 controllers were pretty solid but nowhere near as solid as most other systems, it's mostly worn analogues that spoil them long term but so far the XBO controller has done me proud and is easily a better evolution of the pad.

Comment

Kids terrorising Morrison’s this morning. They run in as soon as it was open nicking off the shelves, security throw them out. 10 mins later there back racing the wheelchairs around, security throws them out. 20 mins later there back again nicking stuff from the entrance bins, garden stuff etc, climb up on the roof and we’re throwing it off.

Store manager catches one as he's climbing down off the roof and the kid just laughed at him, police won’t do jack you c**t, the kids says with a big grin, I’ll be back in a few days to do worse to the store and there’s nothing anyone can do.

Gob smacked.
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 18-02-2019, 17:00.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Kids terrorising Morrison’s this morning. They run in as soon as it was open nicking off the shelves, security throw them out. 10 mins later there back racing the wheelchairs around, security checks them out. 20 mins later there back again nicking stuff from the entrance bins, garden stuff etc, climb up on the roof and we’re throwing it off.

Store manager catches one as he's climbing down off the roof and the kid just laughed at him, police won’t do jack you c**t, the kids says with a big grin, I’ll be back in a few days to do worse to the store and there’s nothing anyone can do.

Gob smacked.
          This made me so angry I puked a little.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            He's right, though.

Comment

Tried to CFW my WiiU this evening.

Gave up after 90 minutes. WTF?! Drag and drop my arse!!

Comment

Were you able to at least get the browser exploit going? It took me a few tries(clearing the browser settings/cache/cookies each time) but after that it was plain sailing.

I used this guide:

A guide to hacking the Nintendo Wii U.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  Were you able to at least get the browser exploit going? It took me a few tries(clearing the browser settings/cache/cookies each time) but after that it was plain sailing.

I used this guide:

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/
                  I got the browser exploit to work meaning I had the Homebrew Channel Launcher but I couldn't get Retroarch and stuff to load.

Comment

Stressful day. A ton of **** happening today before and during work. At least it's over for one day.

One of the nurses was acting a bit ****ty today. She likes to moan a lot about everything yet her work is sloppy and just has no work ethic.
                    She would not fix a problem she made and was too lazy to sort it out. She expected me to do it for her but my colleagues told her she had to sort it herself/ arrange it to be solved with the manager, not me always having to cover her lazy ass. She didn't bother speaking/ messaging the manager all day and ended up messing up her own plans through her own fault, even though in reception we did try and make the afternoon easier for her.

She was looking at me with daggers tonight and left way too quickly than she should have (meaning she didn't clean her surgery/ instruments properly closing down the surgery) and almost certainly left a mess to sort out in the morning instead. I bet the little turd calls in sick and expects me to not only cover her and leave reception short of staff, but clean up her mess and muck up my later lunchbreak where I plan to view a flat tomorrow.

Comment

Aaaand when turning over to get a hug in bed this morning I had a terrifyingly painful Charley Horse in my right calf. F************ck

Comment

I have no idea what a Charley Horse is other than I think it’s in the game Operation?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          I have no idea what a Charley Horse is other than I think it’s in the game Operation?
                          We had this discussion this morning, actually - I used the term a few years ago and got blank stares, followed by "I didn't realise there was a name for that". I started getting them after I started back at Karate in my teen years and was told to use that name.

What do other people call those craps you occasionally get in your calf muscle - the ones that are extremely painful, go on for about a minute, and make it difficult to walk for a number of hours afterwards?

Some people don't experience them at all. @Blobcat and I get one maybe once per year.

Comment

Oh those! Yeah, I got those when I first started running. I call them leg cramps! My wife had a trick that really helped. It was to immediately get up and put weight on the leg and push forward, so your knee is pushing past your ankle, if you know what I mean (like a thrust forward). It forces the muscle at the back of the calf to stretch which stops it contracting (which is causing the pain) and, when done quickly, it seems to stop that residual pain and walking difficulty afterwards. You might already know this or maybe tried it (not sure it works in every case) but I thought it worth mentioning just in case.

Comment

I also call a cramp in my leg a leg cramps.

Having Charlie Horse in bed sounds like you're doing heroin and cocaine...

Comment

It definitely has a naughty vibe to it. Just going to go off and have a quick Charley Horse. Nobody look.

Comment

Working...
                                X