Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to say Youtube really irks me in a lot of ways probably go on a bit of a rant but few things that spring to mind,

Youtubers who cannot deal with criticism and disable comments and likes. Also channels that find controversy where really there is none (though to be fair a lot of websites doe the same)

Fact that Karma rarely bites the channels and when they do something wrong after a while it blows over and its like nothing ever happened (and worse people who are so blind to defend them)

ASMR Videos, now i used to love that years ago before it even had a name ....but now my wife showed me a guy who does one but when i heard it it just did the opposite and just made me very angry for reasons i cannot explain.

The past few years channels i have really enjoyed but they have done something that really disappointed me in them, most recent was Pat the Nes Punk and the Diablo Immortal Fan rant they went on, now i agree some fans over reacted by a long shot but the fact they could not even see the more sensible fans point of few really did annoy me.

I have a channel and i was a member of a Facebook Youtube channel which had some pretty big Youtubers, but i just muted it as it was getting me very annoyed it was all very Cliq like if your channel was not big enough they would not give you the time of day, some were MASSIVE hypocrites (one was against animal testing for Make up and my wife who did speak with the Youtuber often just politely mentioned that the brand mentioned was not cruelty free......well they blocked my wife and that was that)

Also that whole Pewdiepie vs t whatever thing on who can get the most subs....oh i really care how many umpteen million these overblown channels get, go sub to someone who has under 100k but with quality content instead. There are so many channels that really should be in the millions by now

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
      Youtubers who cannot deal with criticism and disable comments and likes. Also channels that find controversy where really there is none (though to be fair a lot of websites doe the same)
      Yeah, sometimes they have to do this, or all they'd end up doing is moderating their comment sections. It's one of the reasons a lot of news sites have ditched them over the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Yeah, sometimes they have to do this, or all they'd end up doing is moderating their comment sections. It's one of the reasons a lot of news sites have ditched them over the past few years.
        Yeah i know Fact fiend do this but they were really open about that i can understand closing comments for that but for me its just a Irk when youtuber solely closes comments because they cannot handle feedback

Comment

Don't be irked by YouTubers. They're just randomers like me and you. In fact, every **** on telly is.

Trufax.

Comment

Anyway, irks me this place is dead. I feel I'm one of the only ones trying to stop this place from dying, dead, D-D-DUH-D-DUH-DING DONG.

Make thee alive (shalaMONGAaaah).

Make thee alive (shalamonga).

Comment

How is posting at 4am going to help keep this place alive? Most people are asleep!

Not me, though. It's 2:18pm here and I just got back from lunch. I had omelette soba which is yakisoba wrapped in an omelette with ketchup and mayo slathered over the top. It's glorious.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                Yeah i know Fact fiend do this but they were really open about that i can understand closing comments for that but for me its just a Irk when youtuber solely closes comments because they cannot handle feedback
                I guess if YouTube is a toilet, the comments are the floater at the bottom. Or at least have a tendency to get that way or worse. “Feedback” there can and does descend into flat out attacks, insults and so on and often embodies the self-entitled anonymous empathy-free aspects of the internet that probably doesn’t do people any favours so I can totally understand someone turning off the comments. YouTube is broadcasting. It’s not necessarily a conversation.

JazzFunk sums it up perfectly though. They’re just randomers like me and you.

Comment

I was listening to a podcast that featured Matt Lees who dabbled with YouTube via VideoGamer, he got pretty big for doing one specific type of E3 in a nutshell conference video, it seemed people absolutely loved those videos. He said it would regularly get him down though that he’d put SO much time and effort into ALL his videos for VideoGamer via YouTube but 90% of them would never get as many views as his “conference in a nutshell” videos and that’s all people ever wanted, he eventually quit VideoGamer to go solo and mainly does board game reviews now and has moved out of videogames totally.

He did say one of the best things he ever did on YouTube was switching on “hold all comments for approval” he would go on, take a look after he posted a video, filter out all the absolute crap comments and just post the best ones, he said after there would be a handful of positive comments people would generally be more positive than if the troll posts were just kept there.

One thing I will say about YouTube that absolutely ****s me off is even when you specifically block a channel it will STILL appear in your recommendations on the home page, there’s no way of stopping that from happening and for me that’s absolutely shocking. Basically means you can’t even filter out the **** manually without them shovelling it back in your face.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                    Anyway, irks me this place is dead. I feel I'm one of the only ones trying to stop this place from dying, dead, D-D-DUH-D-DUH-DING DONG.

It does seem this place is in it's final death throes but nothing lasts forever, man. Besides which, nature abhors a vacuum. Something always comes along to fill every void. Maybe something better.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                      It does seem this place is in it's final death throes
                      Bah. Not even close. We're just a tighter, more refined bunch now. We're like a small Cheers. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        the comments are the floater at the bottom
                        Only in topsy-turvy land!! Floaters at the bottom, seriously...

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          Only in topsy-turvy land!! Floaters at the bottom, seriously...
                          I mean in the context of an entire toilet being the structure going all the way up to the cistern. Yes, it's not technically at the bottom but when you're standing over the toilet and looking down, it is below you in what would essentially be the bottom of your visible area barring a small amount of water. It still works.

Comment

Tooth just snapped off. Top left molar nearest the front so now I have to not smile until I get it fixed and my dentist isn't answering the phone.

Comment

I lost the very same tooth a few months ago. I was eating a friend's homemade brownie that had gone really hard and weird from being left in the oven too long. I was warned to mind my teeth as they were very, very hard but didn't heed the warning and when I took that first bite my tooth shattered. Ended up having a dentist extract the root a few days later which was considerably more painful than I expected. Now I'm a gaptooth.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post

Time stamp checks out

Comment

Working...
                                X