Marvel Spider-Man PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel Spider-Man PS4

So much hype and the farce of puddlegate,it arrives with high expectations.Honestly I’ve never been a superhero fan but damn this is KABOOM awesome and POW great
    The city of New York never felt so animated and looks superb running on the Pro.So many little touches and Easter eggs.I’m a massive fan of finding collectibles and Spider-Man doesn’t disappoint.The best part of these collectibles is that they are locked into the story mode.The suits are great as are the gadgets.
    The main story is great so far and you can choose to continue with the story or concentrate on side missions/collectibles.Fast track opens up at some point but I haven’t unlockec this with 25% completed.Mind you when the illusion of web swinging is portrayed this good I can’t see me using fast track at all
    Insomniac has created a belter of a superhero world and a fantastic game,what are you waiting for?...get swinging
    1 Web Stinger
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    10 Web Slinger
    0%

I'm liking it, but I don't think it's significantly different from the numerous spidey games we've had over the years.

Comment

After the opening sections I'd say the same. So far it feels like a lot of hype for something that could almost pass for a remaster of the PS2 Spider-Man 2 game. I'm enjoying it but so far any possible negatives I've flagged are very familiar to the Spider-Man games, it doesn't give the immediate impression of being Arkham Asylum tier stuff.

Comment

How is the web slinging and movememt around the city? In the demo I think it was L2 and R2 that you had to alternate. Do you have to do that? The game kind of felt like a reskin of Second Son which I liked.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
          How is the web slinging and movememt around the city? In the demo I think it was L2 and R2 that you had to alternate. Do you have to do that?
          You just use R2 to swing.

Again, very similar to the other games, if not a little slower slower than the last one from a few years ago.

I'm not sure if it's a bit more technical, in the same way that Bionic Commando was and so it might be that I've just not got the hang of it yet.
          Or perhaps there are some upgrades that speed it up a bit.
          Last edited by EvilBoris; 08-09-2018, 17:39.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            You just use R2 to swing.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Before I clicked on the spoiler I KNEW that's what it was going to be.

Comment

Dad jokes 24/7.

Comment

I've managed to get some fast pace going with the web swinging now, I find that:

01 - Coming off a web swing I press X at the end to launch Spider-Man up higher
                  02 - Then I press X again to speed burst forward
                  03 - Coming off this he begins to fall and if I leave it a little longer he begins to turn into a diving position, at this point I press R2 again to swing but he carries the speed of the burst and descent into the next swing

I'm a little over halfway through the game now and it's still fun but man is it last gen in design. There's little to no variation in the missions with all of them focused on the Go to X, beat up enemies, Go to Y approach. The city is pretty much like the old games too, a large expanse to traverse but nothing of note to it, it's just window dressing, mission set ups are repetitive too - lots of construction sites, warehouses, offices etc full of goons. Boss battles are okay, in film they'd look good but one or two push the camera a little.

It's mostly good looking, not AAA First Party good looking but still nice enough for the most part. The hype train definitely overtook the game though, whilst it is fun it's absolutely reeking of a 7/10 and would need an immense twist in its gameplay to rise from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    I've managed to get some fast pace going with the web swinging now, I find that:

01 - Coming off a web swing I press X at the end to launch Spider-Man up higher
                    02 - Then I press X again to speed burst forward
                    03 - Coming off this he begins to fall and if I leave it a little longer he begins to turn into a diving position, at this point I press R2 again to swing but he carries the speed of the burst and descent into the next swing

I'm a little over halfway through the game now and it's still fun but man is it last gen in design. There's little to no variation in the missions with all of them focused on the Go to X, beat up enemies, Go to Y approach. The city is pretty much like the old games too, a large expanse to traverse but nothing of note to it, it's just window dressing, mission set ups are repetitive too - lots of construction sites, warehouses, offices etc full of goons. Boss battles are okay, in film they'd look good but one or two push the camera a little.

It's mostly good looking, not AAA First Party good looking but still nice enough for the most part. The hype train definitely overtook the game though, whilst it is fun it's absolutely reeking of a 7/10 and would need an immense twist in its gameplay to rise from that.
                    Yeah, in the demo I fought the Shocker which was a disappointing battle to say the least. Reminded me of infamous but less creative if anything.

Comment

I wasn't planning on buying this but couldn't help getting drawn in and picking it up on Saturday. After half an hour playtime I was worried it was a bit of a duffer (didn't really enjoy the opening mission), but once you get out on the streets and start bustin' baddies and exploring the map and building those Spidey skillz it's starts to be fun. Big, shiny, blockbuster(y) fun.

Comment

Big push tonight, hopefully completed by bedtime. Entirely consistent with my earlier post - fun but distinctly average title

Comment

I've done 4 story missions so far but have done all the towers and backpacks.

I'm really, really loving it. It's nice to just traverse the city and mess about.

Some more variety in missions would have been nice but that's the issue with superhero games. Go to crime, beat up baddies, rinse, repeat.

Comment

I will pick this up when they start appearing on the sales forum

Comment

I'm having a lot of fun with this. The combat is brilliant, battles are so much fun, and so open to different tactics while in full flow. The sights, too, are something else. New York looks, well, like New York. Swinging up Fifth Avenue and knowing Central Park is coming, then there it is, right in front of you, huge and detailed. It totally wowed me. And it genuinely reminded me of my first trip there, in the mid-90s during the height of summer when I went on my own. Seeing the landmarks in Central Park and the Museums looking exactly like I remember. It's like a virtual sight-seeing sim. I'm not saying it's a perfect replica, but it's close enough, and captures the feel incredibly well. Travelling around is never a chore either, because swinging through the city is fun, and there's always something going on that might require your attention (and I just can't say no).

Its not a game that massively innovates, in fact it imitates many other games, but it also betters many of them too (I much prefer the combat to Arkham, for instance). I expect it may become formulaic at some stage, but I'm enjoying all aspects right now, so repeating them isn't a chore so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X