No announcement yet.

SNK new game announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah Sam spirits hasn't been great since shin Sam spirits, art of fighting could be good using that engine

Comment

Looks quite nice really. Nicer the SFIV.

Comment

Why haven't there been any good backgrounds in 2D fighters since 1999?

Comment

Because they haven't been 2D?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            Because they haven't been 2D?
            The game play is.

I remember when SNK used to flash off their huge cartridges by having each character's stage transition through different states, mainly time of day or weather. Nowadays we're lucky if each character gets a unique background at all.

Compare the very best of the new KoF backgrounds with practically any stage from '96/'97/'98/'99. It's a no contest.

Absolutely brimming with life, even the ones with no life forms.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              Why haven't there been any good backgrounds in 2D fighters since 1999?
              I would venture that some of Super Street Fighter IV's were wonderful, such as the New York stage.

That being said, the problem with SFIV was that they weren't fighter-paired anymore; they were just locations (though fans did make lists which suggested they were originally character-specific, and Capcom just stopped for whatever reason).

Comment

Yeah, traditional 2D fighters are an absolute work of art!

Comment

Those are some excellent choices for great stages. Back when both SNK and Capcom were on fire they produced some of the most fantastic stages for their fighters (any from the Vampire games, MOTW and SFIII all come to mind). I think they've both tried to recapture that with the recent releases but they're not quite there yet (give or take a couple).

I feet he feeling the stylised nature of this reveal trailer has made a much better impact than the first KOF XIV trailer (I was happy that SNK was continuing the series but by God did it look washed out).

You're doing good with bringing Samurai Spirits back SNK. Take this style and inject into the next numbered KOF game (or at least use the Unreal engine to make it look and play great).

Comment

I’m sort of glad that this was an announcement for Samurai Shodown as I don’t believe the new SNK would be able to do justice to a Mark of the Wolves or Last Blade sequel. Yet... let’s see how this turns out.

But SNK Heroines has left a nasty black mark.

Comment

Well SNK Heroines was the developer admittedly making a game that from the outset was meant to be ridiculous, fun and entertaining. They've then reaffirmed the claim from earlier interviews that they wanted to bring some of the old series they are known for back by announcing this new entry for Samurai Spirits.

It looks nice for a first reveal trailer. I'd be incredibly surprised if SNK can't make it 'feel' right (its possible but I think SNK will be very careful to not upset the fanbase. It's nearly been around in gaming for as long as SFII which is no small feat).

So when's the reveal of MOTW 2 with full HD sprites please SNK?
                      Last edited by Paddy; 11-09-2018, 12:37.

Comment

Only played the first samurai shodown but it took a long time to click (3do). I returned to it recently on MVS and it didn't click at all but I reckon with time it'd come back. That trailer looks super though.

Agree with Last Blade sentiments. If they nail this then maybe they'll do that next.

Comment

I think the fights in Samurai Showdown are quite stop/start. Combos tend to break quite early. Unlike SF where you can press the attack, Samurai Showdown offers more opportunites to counter. That's how I remember it. Maybe I just played it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Only played the first samurai shodown but it took a long time to click (3do). I returned to it recently on MVS and it didn't click at all but I reckon with time it'd come back. That trailer looks super though.

Agree with Last Blade sentiments. If they nail this then maybe they'll do that next.

If this does well it'll prove that players still want to play SNK's different series. A new Gekka no Kenshi in this style would be most welcome (they were some of the most detailed and stylish titles from SNK's extensive library).

In any case, maybe I'm fueled by the positive buzz from around the internet but it feels good that Samurai Spirits returns next year (hopefully its in the first half and not the latter half of 2019).

Comment

Working...
                            X