X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critics Club II: 25 - Leonardo DiCaprio

"Never let your vote go, Rose, never let it go"

Leonardo DiCaprio

Vote for the movie you feel is their best whilst also discussing their other work, your reasons for voting and thoughts on what is their weakest.

Some will have very long lists so some trimming will be required to focus on the key entries but broadly the main selection will be available each time.
    Critters 3
    0%
    Poison Ivy
    0%
    This Boy's Life
    0%
    What's Eating Gilbert Grape
    0%
    The Quick and the Dead
    0%
    The Basketball Diaries
    0%
    Total Eclipse
    0%
    Romeo + Juliet
    0%
    Marvin's Room
    0%
    Titanic
    0%
    The Man in the Iron Mask
    0%
    Celebrity
    0%
    The Beach
    0%
    Don's Plum
    0%
    Gangs of New York
    0%
    Catch Me if You Can
    0%
    The Aviator
    0%
    The Departed
    0%
    Blood Diamond
    0%
    Body of Lies
    0%
    Revolutionary Road
    0%
    Shutter Island
    0%
    Inception
    0%
    J. Edgar
    0%
    Django Unchained
    0%
    The Great Gatsby
    0%
    The Wolf of Wall Street
    0%
    The Revenant
    0%

Went for Blood Diamond; I was surprised when seeing that, and really thought he'd matured as an actor.

It's a real shame he didn't get the Oscar that year; I mean Forest Whittaker's performance in The Last King of Scotland was epic, and it was just unfortunate to have two movies about civil unrest in Africa both being up for nomination in the same season. I think in another year he would've clinched it.

Comment

I must say thats a hell of a run of films. Pretty much everything from Gangs of New York down is great.
      I went with Wolf of wall street because he just seemed to launch himself into that film and have fun doing it.

Comment

Probably my favourite actor and Blood Diamond was absolutely amazing.

Comment

Inception.

Comment

I thought he was really good in The Departed and there were some big hitters in that movie.

Comment

I chose Gangs of New York, mainly because of Daniel Day Lewis.

Comment

I chose Gangs of New York, mainly because of Daniel Day Lewis.

I have a huge soft spot for The Beach, too.

Comment

The Revenant.

Comment

Like pretty much most of his films from the Beach onward, haven't seen Revenant yet.

i'll opt for Wolf of Wall Street today, next week it might be different.

Comment

This is another blinding CV.

I didn't used to like him because all the girls fawned over Jack, but he's had some great roles.
                      I don't think I'll vote The Quick and the Dead Again, which shows how strong his back catalogue is!

I've not seen Blood Diamond or WoWS, which seem popular choices here, but I'll choose:
                      Fave film: Inception
                      Fave performance: Catch Me if You Can

Catch me seems whimsical, but I love the frantic desperation of his character as the film progresses and the noose is tightening.

Do you concur?

Comment

The Aviator was the first time I saw him as someone different from 'Leo' just playing a role.

Went for Wolf of Wall Street, excellent performance in an excellent film.

Comment

For a long time he carried that Titanic baggage for me to where I still to this day feel neither he or Winslet were very good in the film. The next one I caught was Gangs of New York but for whatever reason that film left me cold so Catch Me was the first time I felt he was properly carrying the film well. Since then I liked in Inception, Shutter Island etc but I went for Django in the end as it's probably the most against type I've seen him and he pulled it off too.

Comment

Working...
                          X