Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    I still feel like most of the praise this is getting elsewhere must be coming from people who haven't given CoD a serious chance in years.
    This is probably me ... apart from the odd flirt I've never given the multi-player a chance at all, simply because I'm not great and don't enjoy getting shot to bits over and over. But with this I feel more compelled to get better ... tweaking my load-out and testing different characters along the way.

Zombies is harder than I expected but that's perhaps how it should be. I'll go back to it once I've learned more on the mechanics as running out of ammo all the time did my head in when I tried it.

For now I'm just really enjoying tdm. Very slick and a great way to learn from other players.

Comment

I've played enough to start having maps I like and ones I don't but I've suddenly lurched heavily into MP over Blackout, winning that one match has left me feeling like I've completed it so I don't feel a pull to it

There's one MP map with bottomless drops and another that has air vents but both suck. They're both so bland and lean into the god awful future setting too much. I've mixed and matched, settled into a nice groove. It's still jarring playing between it and MWR, why is it so hard to get one CoD designed like the most well thought of one?

Comment

I'm not buying this because they've called it Black Ops IIII, rather than Black Ops IV.

Comment

The correct Roman numeral for 4 is a whole other debate.

Good enough reason though

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            The correct Roman numeral for 4 is a whole other debate.

Good enough reason though
            They'll be screwed when it reaches Black Ops IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII unless they use a smaller font.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm VERY late to this party but I'm having so much fun. Best multi-player since the Goldeneye days. Basic tdm is so good I might have to cancel my Red Dead pre-order as I'll have more than enough to play with this and Spider-Man.

Comment

At least 2021's entry can be called the more typical Black Ops V - I get their reasoning behind IIII but it's still an odd line of thinking over using IV

Comment

It's IIII on most clock/watch faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        It's IIII on most clock/watch faces.
                        Some, yes, but not most famous ones like the clock face on Big Ben (Elizabeth's Tower) or on the Kremlin.

Unfortunately, it seems to be one of those things that's been lost in history and we'll never know which is the correct usage.

I quite like the sound of "Roman Striking", where a clock does a high chime for "I" and a low for "V" so "IV" is low then high.
                        11 is low low high.

I liked this article:
                        Expressed as Roman numerals , the first twelve numbers are usually given as I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII. However, on ma...

and the comment:
                        "I came here because of the video game named Call of duty: Black Ops IIII."

Comment

Had some great games earlier - it definitely COD back on form

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Some, yes, but not most famous ones like the clock face on Big Ben (Elizabeth's Tower) or on the Kremlin.

Unfortunately, it seems to be one of those things that's been lost in history and we'll never know which is the correct usage.

I quite like the sound of "Roman Striking", where a clock does a high chime for "I" and a low for "V" so "IV" is low then high.
                            11 is low low high.

I liked this article:
                            Expressed as Roman numerals , the first twelve numbers are usually given as I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII. However, on ma...

and the comment:
                            "I came here because of the video game named Call of duty: Black Ops IIII."
                            Christian Donlan at EG did a funny little piece on this:

Comment

Ha! That was great, thanks!

I think it says something about me that I've spent more time reading about the legitimacy of using IIII or IV than I have about the game and found it thoroughly fascinating!

Comment

Who says its roman numerical? Might be like a tally chart so 5 will have a strike through it.

Comment

Working...
                                X