Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Escape Rooms - Let me outta here!

Has anyone else done an escape room?

I've done three now and they're brilliant!

I've not done anything amazingly elaborate, but the theming has been good enough to give some atmosphere, but some games have hidden chambers or revolving rooms!

For those who haven't done one, you're usually in a team of up to 6 players trying to escape a room they're trapped in within 60 minutes. You have a series of clues to start with and then as you crack those, more are revealed until the escape code is found and you can get out. Lateral thinking and scanning every inch of the room is encouraged as some clues are very cleverly hidden.

The games I've gone are:
    Bunker 38:
    "You’ve been living in an underground bunker for years due to a radiation leak. Now you’ve been given the all clear, but you’re locked in and oxygen levels are running low! With only 60 minutes of breathable air left, will you be able to escape in time?"

The Betrayal of Cluetankhamun:
    "Just over a month ago the long lost tomb of Cluetankhamun was unearthed for the first time in over 3 millennia. A team of explorers were sent in to recover the Cluetan Crystal, a jewel believed to possess the power of the Nile. It has been several days since last contact with the exploring party so it’s time to send a new expedition down into the tomb to retrieve the crystal. But watch your step – Who knows what happened to the last exploring party."
    Cell Block C:
    "You’ve been framed for a crime you didn’t commit, and you’re about to be sentenced to a lifetime in prison. You know that notorious criminal Danny Badd is responsible but with only 60 minutes before you face the jury, you don’t have the resources to prove your innocence. Can you escape the top security CELL BLOCK C and buy yourself some time or will you be locked away forever?"

There are plenty of "ah!" lightbulb moments and some great set pieces, my fave being an Indiana Jones-style solution.

So, have you done one and how did you get on?
Working...
X