X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Penguins don't actually exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
      That's supposedly a myth and has been proven untrue by UK scientists who went to the trouble of placing a duck in a reverberation chamber. Sorry.

That's a scene from a movie!

We're after scientific or natural facts. Things like this: the arctic wooly bear caterpillar can take up to 7 years to build up enough resources to pupate into a moth, during that time it will freeze in winter only to thaw out and spring back to life like a real life Lazarus.

Amazing.
      I was joking with the duck quack...

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        A ducks quack doesn't echo.
        It's 100% FACT and has never been disproven so don't tell me otherwise!!

This one always cracked me up because it just seems daft. Like I don't get how anyone could believe it. I always wondered if, for example, the specific sound has some quality which makes the echo difficult to hear, and that was why it was like this, but no. It's just something that someone made up.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
          The desire to conform in such a strong driving force that some people would rather accept falsity than risk standing out or social rejection. Experiments have shown people will knowingly choose incorrect answers just to fit in with a group. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYIh4MkcfJA

Some people are so obedient that it overrides their own moral compass. Experiments prove people are willing to administer (what they believe are) lethal electric shocks to complete strangers when instructed by those in authority.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCVlI-_4GZQ
          On a similar line, but played for laughs is this classic Candid Camera sketch.
          It's still funny today!

Comment

Finnish has 30 different words for snow, but none for penguin.

Comment

Jill Dando's real name was Jan Dildo.

Comment

After a particulary heavy nights drinking, Fammydodd woke up the next morning in the undergrowth of a large motorway roundabout. He lived there for the next four and half years, living on rainwater and dandelion heads. His only clothing had been crudly fashioned from crisp packets, carrierbags and parts of tyre-treads.

He was eventually found by chance, by a survey team from the Highways Agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  3: there is a huge expanse of space called The Great Attractor which is dragging our local cluster of galaxy's towards it and no one knows why.
                  Hyper-massive black hole?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    That Indiana Jones could survive the nuclear explosion by hiding in the led lined fridge in Crystal Skull
                    Is it a disco fridge? Do they flash in sequence?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      Hyper-massive black hole?
                      Bigger than JapJac's ego.

Comment

@teddy: NICE.

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                        You can't sneeze with your eyes open.
                        I do this while driving. My eyeballs are still firmly in my head as well.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          Now here's a thing;

I don't give a ****.

That's my fact of the day.
                          Unsubstantiated unless you can prove what those stars mean!

Comment

Fascinating fact?

It's 15/9/2018 and I officially started my job on 15/9/2008 and it feels like yesterday when I started.

Wow, ten years as a hospital porter maaaaan. It feels weird but it is what it is.

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen a Sega Saturn in the flesh! I've never owned one, I don't know anyone one that has and I can't even think of a time I've seen one in a shop! Crazy!

Comment

This place is 5 mins up the road, on the way to me Mum’s...

Flag Fen is also only 10 minutes away.

Comment

Working...
                                X