Interesting Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    Light is invisible. You can never see it. Only the things it illuminates. Remember that next time you're watching sci-fi movie space battles.
    You also see light sources, objects that are emitting the radiation. What you say is true of everything else

Comment

It's long been believed that those who lean to the left feel secure enough in the world to extend some empathy and compassion to those worse off, and that those who lean to the right are more sensitive and alert to dangers and that that feeling of threat is the driving force behind their political views. But it turns out that those two modes are not as concrete as we might think.

A group of people were given questionnaires to determine their political views. On examining the results, those who leaned to the right were taken to one side and made to participate in a thought experiment where they imagined themselves invincible and impervious to all threats and dangers, during which they completed a second questionnaire with the same questions as before, albeit worded slightly differently.

Those who leaned to the left in the original questionnaire were set aside and moved into a dirty room full of filth with fake vomit and excrement on the floor (they were given a plausible excuse for why the room was in such a state) and asked to complete a second questionnaire with the same questions, again, worded slightly differently.

The results of the second questionnaires show that many of those who participated in the thought experiment leaned away from the right and towards the left, and conversely many of those who were subject to the filthy squalor leaned away from the left and towards the right.

What the experiment shows is that our decisions are often far more gut-based and instinctive than we might believe.

Comment

Comment

By leaning left or of right, is monkey talking about his privates?

Comment

The Earth is flat.

Comment

If you put a buttercup under your chin and it goes yellow, then you like butter.

Comment

I was going to list loads of bull crap facts, but this is more interesting:

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                  You mean he's talking bollox again?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Don't shoot the messenger. It ain't my opinion, I'm just sharing something I read.

Comment

Working...
                    X