No announcement yet.

Interesting Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This place is 5 mins up the road, on the way to me Mum’s...

Flag Fen is also only 10 minutes away.

Comment

Haha, little fat baldy mate from work was admitted to A&E Saturday night, he'd been found heavily pissed, incoherent and covered in his own vomit.

This guy *never* normally does owt like this!!!!

Big LOL, ha.

Comment

He's about 48 btw, that is what makes it funnier.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
          This place is 5 mins up the road, on the way to me Mum’s...
          Incredible video, love this!

Comment

Colours are an illusion and do not exist outside consciousness.

This next one isn't a fact but is a theory that is rapidly gaining support in the scientific community: time is an illusion. Enlightened people have been proclaiming that for thousands of years, but more recently Einstein, Richard Feynman and Stephen Hawking echoed the sentiment. To quote Albert himself, "The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

Comment

Here's another well known but utterly insane one: the infamous dual slit experiment in quantum mechanics suggests that electrons do not exist in any fixed location unless observed. To put it another way; the very act of observing creates the universe we know. Mental.

"If you can explain this using common sense and logic, do let me know, because there is a Nobel Prize for you.."Professor Jim Al-Khalili explains the experim...

Comment

Yeah partial wave duality is crazy.
                Regarding time, in a brief history of time, it's described more as a byproduct. For an electron to travel from point A to B it required/creates time to allow its function, but time does not appear to be a function of the universe in and of itself.

Comment

I know colours are related to wavelengths of light or something but if they were an illusion surely most people wouldn't see the same or similar colours? I know some animals don't see them and humans differ in perception of similar colours.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                    I know colours are related to wavelengths of light or something but if they were an illusion surely most people wouldn't see the same or similar colours? I know some animals don't see them and humans differ in perception of similar colours.
                    We see the same or similar colours (people with colour-blindness are obviously an exception) because we're all geared alike. We've evolved to interpret a small slice of light frequency as colour.

Comment

I'm broke.

Comment

I'll send you a food parcel.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                          I'll send you a food parcel.
                          Piss poor but tripping now

Comment

All you keen and attentive music lovers will have noticed that the intro is becoming a thing of the past, that the days when a song had a thirty second musical intro that slowly evolved and sets the tone are scarce, and that modern music these days tends to kick straight into action with the spoken voice, and if not straight away then usually within the first 7 or 8 seconds.

The supposed reason for this is because the generation who grew up with mobile phones have such poor attention spans that they can't be bothered waiting for the song to get going to see if they like it or not, and so when they're listening to Spotify and a piece of music comes on, if it doesn't immediately gratify them then they just skip to the next track.

Now... the musicians and songwriters, who don't get paid by streaming services like Spotify unless their songs are streamed for at least 30 seconds, are aware of this and so have changed the way they create songs accordingly so that the opening of a song quickly utilises the most engaging musical instrument - the human voice.

How sad.

Comment

I imagine only some artists do this but yeah. Another thing - most services pay by play so it has been found that a lot of artists are making their tracks shorter so that they make more on repeat plays. I don't mind a shorter song myself but it's an unforturnate reason for it.

Edit: to be fair, music revenue for artists has been absolutely hammered so I find it hard to judge them harshly for any attempt to game the system.
                              Last edited by Dogg Thang; 02-05-2019, 12:09.

Comment

"stewardesses" is the longest word in the English language that can be touch-typed with just the left hand.

Me knowing that fact is an insight to my fetish web searches...

Comment

Working...
                                X