No announcement yet.

The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, the garage advised that a car can only run for 30 seconds without coolant before serious damage sets in. In total I think I had to move it three times totalling close to 20 minutes drive time be it like a Grandad. They replaced the coolant cabling and gave it a run, it's been two days so far since I picked it up and so far it's been defiantly well behaved fingers crossed. One instance of the engine fan going to work for a few seconds on shut off but I'm assuming coolant was still redistributing around the engine, it didn't happen this morning but a commute home today in peak traffic will be a real test.

Comment

James Bond Lotus Esprit-inspired Mini Remastered revealed

One-off special edition, built for Simon Cowell, is painted to match 007's For Your Eyes Only wheels.

Comment

Love it. Apart from the hideous wheel choice

Comment

Modernized Lamborghini Countach Looks Like a Retro-Futuristic Sculpture

Comment

I saw one of those Lamborghini itchy Urus on Friday.

It's massive. Truly huge and ugly as ****!!

I want one.

Comment

I was making good progress with the mini until a pair of blackbirds moved in and built a nest!

I've switched work to the MGB, while the blackbirds get hatching., We made a home made metal polisher from an old washing machine motor, two circular saw blades and a light switch!

Comment

Starting to look at cars now that baby number 3 is on the way.

Not a hope in hell's chance of fitting 2 adults and 3 child seats in my own Peugeot 207 or my company Lexus UX.

Looking at online reviews and vids there doesn't appear to be a huge amount of choice for 3 child seats across the rear seats.

Citroen C5 Aircross
                Peugeot 5008

These both have 3 full seats in the second row.

Any other obvious choices?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  Starting to look at cars now that baby number 3 is on the way.

Not a hope in hell's chance of fitting 2 adults and 3 child seats in my own Peugeot 207 or my company Lexus UX.

Looking at online reviews and vids there doesn't appear to be a huge amount of choice for 3 child seats across the rear seats.

Citroen C5 Aircross
                  Peugeot 5008

These both have 3 full seats in the second row.

Any other obvious choices?
                  Had a quick look but really haven't got a clue with people carriers

Would the Skoda Kodiaq do or Seat Ateca?

Neil

Comment

Starting to look at cars now that baby number 3 is on the way.<snip>
                    Citroen C5 Aircross
                    The C5 is very comfy no matter who and where you seat; it's made for long, relaxing treks and the suspension smooths most rough roads. The luggage compartment might be a tight fit for five people though.

Comment

Skoda Superb. Masses of space inside. Don’t know if there’s three ISOFIX points though.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        Skoda Superb. Masses of space inside. Don’t know if there’s three ISOFIX points though.
                        Can't fit 3 seats in the second row and Euro NCAP won't allow the use of childseats in the rear two seats.

Comment

Can't fit 3 seats in the second row and Euro NCAP won't allow the use of childseats in the rear two seats.
                          This is going to be difficult finding somehting for you isn't it?

Damn you & your working loins having to make things difficult

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            This is going to be difficult finding something for you isn't it?

Damn you & your working loins having to make things difficult

Neil
                            I think it's going to be pretty tough.

I wish I wasn't so virile! Believe me.

Comment

I think it's going to be pretty tough.

I wish I wasn't so virile! Believe me.
                              Lol you need to take more cold showers

Is the Tiguan out of range or not suitable?
                              I quite like them myself

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                                Lol you need to take more cold showers

Is the Tiguan out of range or not suitable?
                                I quite like them myself
                                The Tiguan is lovely but may be a bit pricey. I'll have a look.

Also, has to be driven by the wife and she is a bit short...

Comment

Working...
                                X