The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    The Tiguan is lovely but may be a bit pricey. I'll have a look.

Also, has to be driven by the wife and she is a bit short...
    Ha ha might still be feasible

Assume you are looking at brand new?

Comment

I cant imagine a car fitting 3 child seats in a row. Wont you need a mini van/People carrier?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
        I cant imagine a car fitting 3 child seats in a row. Wont you need a mini van/People carrier?
        There's a few but they're more SUV / MPV.

Apparently you can fit 3 in the back of the new Focus Active

Comment

Disco time for randy illiop

Comment

There's a few but they're more SUV / MPV.

Apparently you can fit 3 in the back of the new Focus Active
            Interesting...not a horrible looking car either.
            Could be quite nice in ST-Line spec I expect

Comment

Ah that is what they have replaced to Focus Estate with! We have a 2012 Focus Estate. The boot space is much better than any SUV type car which replaced Estates.

Comment

The Focus Active does look really nice. The front styling is a little aggressive which I like.

Not BMW levels of aggression but, y'know, a bit miffed.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                  Ah that is what they have replaced to Focus Estate with! We have a 2012 Focus Estate. The boot space is much better than any SUV type car which replaced Estates.
                  It's funny I was watching the last Episode of Grand Tour the other day when they did the Mondeo send off & it wasn't until they said it about people carriers replacing Estates that it finally dawned on me, that was exactly what had happened

The Focus Active does look really nice. The front styling is a little aggressive which I like.

Not BMW levels of aggression but, y'know, a bit miffed.
                  Lol yeah has a degree of Peeved to it, normally well specced as standard too

I quite like the look of the new Focus ST & that's on my shortlist...shortlist?? who am I kidding my current Mazda Replacement list is as long as my arm at the moment

Speaking of Mazda is the CX5 worth looking at?

Neil

Comment

It's annoying because I absolutely love my Lexus.

It's just not big enough.

Comment

It's annoying because I absolutely love my Lexus.

It's just not big enough.
                      They make cars large but never really big enough inside

How old are your other 2 now Mr Meow?

Do they still need full monty child seats or can they get away with boosters?

Neil

Comment

We'll be setting ours up for the third kid soon. Baby seat on the right hand side, SFJr2 on the left. Our eldest will stop using a child seat and sit in the middle as there's no room for a child seat for him but at 5yrs old he's past the legal age of needing one in a three kids per car rule.

Comment

[MENTION=345]Neon Ignition[/MENTION] Is your eldest over 135cm tall?

Comment

A few years off it, he'd be using the standard belt under the exemptions rules
                            A child must use a child car seat until they’re 12 years old or when they reach 135cm tall according to UK seat belt laws and child car seat rules. Learn more.

We've got a seat so if I was travelling with all three on my own for some reason he would go in the front in his child seat but in the full car there's no room for a third child restraint and replacing the car is 110% not on the table. Fortunately the bulk of journey's with that scenario would be when we pick the kids up from my parents after work which is literally a three minute drive. But on the occasions where we went further afield like a day out in the summer where the car is needed, it is what it is as there's not the space for the missus to sandwich herself in between the rear child seats so he can ride up front given the young ages of SF2 and 3.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Never use fold in mirrors. They give people more scope to open their doors into yours in the car park
                              I only use mine when parked at home or somewhere that is a layby style car park (the residential spaces outside where Nancy goes to nursery).

Never in a standard car park. Like you say [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] it gives people more possibility to dent your doors.

Great shout people did not think of this, I always thought of wing mirror being knocked off first, but yes less doors dings is good.
                              Last edited by JU!; 13-06-2020, 17:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                Heads up, the 4 seats in an 86 are, imo, emergency use only or babies or amputees. I could tolerate a 20 minute journey taking the kids to school with my seat pulled forward but it wasn’t nice. Other than that it’s a fabulous drive.
                                Thanks fo warning. Bit of a squeeze in the 2004 Facelife Celica at mo so will see with GT86 and them fitting...Wife is Japanese so hopefully she will fit. The 6 year old getting bigger in the other hand!

I nearly got a Facelift 2017 Red GT86 the other day was great deal PCP £16,000, 1,800 deposit with desk cam and £180 a month. But after family discussion I decided to wait a bit. January is not too far away I suppose.
                                Last edited by JU!; 13-06-2020, 17:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X