Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there is my proof.

Comment

Looks like I'm selling my Type-R my next week, all going to plan. I've basically been offered a different car for free and while it won't quite deliver those lovely v-tech thrills it will save me a ton on insurance, road tax and fuel. That's how I'm pitching it to myself anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Looks like I'm selling my Type-R my next week, all going to plan. I've basically been offered a different car for free and while it won't quite deliver those lovely v-tech thrills it will save me a ton on insurance, road tax and fuel. That's how I'm pitching it to myself anyway
        The Lone Ranger never sold his hoss! You are like a Teeside Michael Knight, in his own version of Kitt!

Comment

Bye bye big thrills

Hello big savings

Comment

Well, well, well.

Took my 207 to the garage today at 8am due to the coolant leak. At 17.45 (15 minutes before they close). I got a call to say that they'd fixed it.

Turns out the thermostat housing that was replaced last year had failed and caused a leak of fluid which had eroded an o-ring which connected the to the radiator.

All work completed free of charge as the part fitted last year was still under warranty. No labour or anything.

Phew!!

Comment

Bye bye big thrills

Hello big savings

My condolences for your loss

Comment

Bye bye big thrills

Hello big savings

Grandpa’w ottycuss!

Comment

I’ve owned the Civic for 14 fab years, fave car I’ve ever had, but I’ve had all my fun and I have zero regrets about moving on. An opportunity came along to cash out at a great time and I couldn’t say no. I’ll take the pipe and slippers ... for now anyway.

Comment

Maserati Unveils Its New Supercar, The MC20

"Maserati rolled out its first supercar in 15 years. Developed by the Maserati Innovation Lab over the past two years, the MC20 evolved from the famed MC12, which ceased production in 2010, and signals the venerable Italian automaker’s return to racing.

"We are setting the cornerstone for building the future of Maserati,” said Davide Grasso, Maserati’s COO, during an event revealing the new model in Modena, Italy. “The MC20 is the embodiment of our values, the first of its kind 100% made in Modena. MC20 is the model that starts our new era."

The long-awaited MC20 features the first engine built in-house by Maserati in more than two decades. The Nettuno (or Neptune) is a 3-liter, twin-turbo V6 with an F1-inspired pre-combustion chamber and a dual-spark plug configuration. It produces 621 horsepower, can go from 0 to 60 mph in a bracing 2.9 seconds, and has a top speed of 202 mph."

Comment

Looks lovely, does it come in fluorescent yellow?

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]

Just wondering how you got on living with a golf r from day to day, know it was a while ago but would appreciate your thoughts on the car, reliability, mpg, things to look out for when buying etc.

Comment

Great car but you will be incessantly badgered by any kid in a hot hatch sitting on your bumper, to the point it will irritate the life out of you. Its a car that basically does absolutely everything well, yet despite its ridiculous pace never really feels that exciting to drive. I don’t know if that’s due to what I owned prior to it though. The only real irks with it are the boot space is laughably small, and it drones which you can’t switch off, it’s always a shock to then jump in my wife’s Golf (also a MK7.5) and it is whisper quiet. DSG is also a bit dumb, it’s terrible for over revving if you’re coasting down hills etc. Other than that I can’t really think of any bad points. @Jamie had one too if you want another opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            DSG is also a bit dumb, it’s terrible for over revving if you’re coasting down hills etc.
                            My Guilietta has a TCT gear box which does exactly the same! There is no manual gearbox option

Comment

Think it seems to be a thing now with the hot hatches & Auto boxes they all do it to give you the pops n crackles that the boy racers love

You can avoid this on the Golf R (& it's sister the Audi S3) by getting the manual instead

Neil

Comment

Well the other half is now eying up my car money for an extension. F her extension, i want something nice for me for a change.

Comment

Working...
                                X