The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    I’ll be 48 by the time I collect it, might be later as I’m going for the AMG version, I feel like I’m on the edge of looking like a daft old man in a sports car. My revelation to my wife that I’d put the deposit down was not well received, I think she thought those days were behind me now.
    Only live once, might as well enjoy it while you can. I was going to say would she rather you down the pub every night but you bought your own bar anyway 😁

Comment

I’ll be 48 by the time I collect it, might be later as I’m going for the AMG version, I feel like I’m on the edge of looking like a daft old man in a sports car. My revelation to my wife that I’d put the deposit down was not well received, I think she thought those days were behind me now.
      Yeah I think you're too old, send it my way I'm only 47...

Seriously the AMG sounds by far the best option.

Comment

Chichester is full of geriatrics in Mclarens and stuff.

Comment

It was the Goodwood Festival of Speed at the weekend and there were some beauties there.

Friend of mine runs the REVS-Limiter group on Facebook and he was there doing some drawing:

He did one video yesterday morning, and all in one place, there was a Countach, DeLorean, Stratos and Esprit and a bunch of other amazing cars. I was agog!
          Not sure if it's a public video, but it's a great group for car fans and you're on Facebook:

Comment

I've started saving and should be able to afford the new Countach in 3, maybe 4 lifetimes.

Comment

That does look nice and also terrifyingly fast.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                I've started saving and should be able to afford the new Countach in 3, maybe 4 lifetimes.
                Wow. That's a sexy car.

Comment

The financing companies here are super strict (a good thing, no doubt). Despite having a €200K mortgage and more credit cards than God they won't finance my new car as a business purchase. :/ So I can't get the VAT back.

I'm going to have to do this the old-fashioned way and save up 50% cash and go 50% bank loan instead. That should take me another six months unless there's a crypto boom then maybe sooner.

Comment

Was going to get a truck on the business in the winter when i had time to sort it but the laws have changed here now, can get a 2 seater truck still, but you can no longer get the double cab 5 seater trucks on your business and claim anything back. Only vans up to 5 seater now are claimable in any way, oh well ill keep my Cupra another year.

Comment

Have my deposit down on an Emira already. Haven't bought a 'brand new' car since my Lotus Evora 400 in 2015, can't wait. Will be my last sports car purchase.
                      It'll be in the Sales thread a few weeks later when you've found there are no games for it that you're interested in.

Comment

Won't even get that far, I had my deposit refunded. I had the initial excitement of buying one, but the reality is with my change of career that I just don't have the time for sportscar ownership any more. I drive from my house to the shop and back again, that's pretty much the extent of my driving these days!

Comment

Or Golf R drivers are tailgating everywhere you go wanting a piece.

Comment

Still waiting on my new motor. Well waiting on the Energy Savings Trust sorting their end out. Amusingly the dealer did call to tell me that the car had arrived but that the wheels hadn’t!

Comment

Not quite a car, but there's still a road in the video.

Comment

Took the plunge and put a deposit down on an EV, have been curious for a while but work have upped our allowance if we go electric so the time was right to go for it. Ordered a BMW i4 M50 as it was probably the least EV looking EV i could find, really didn't want an SUV or crossover, not really taken with Tesla's either tbh. Should be rapid at 540bhp and 795 nM torque. Delivery not for 6 months minimum though so long wait, but hopefully worth it.

Will miss the Cupra though, been a good car for the last few years, nice and quick and no hassle from boy racers as it's quite understated.

Anyone else gone electric, how are you getting on with the charging/range paranoia shenanigans?
                                Last edited by Jamie; 10-11-2021, 20:58.

Comment

Working...
                                X