No announcement yet.

The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does your property end? I’m guessing at the monoblock?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      Where does your property end? I’m guessing at the monoblock?
      Yeah sorry that's a public footpath between the grass & the front of my house

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post

Neil
        I suspect people will bitch and moan if you have a charge cable across the path

Comment

I’m not sure what you could do there unless there a scheme for external charging posts in your area. Not sure I would want to run a cable out even through a cable ramp.

Comment

Year nothing you can do, can’t go digging the path up as its not your property, can’t even put a heavy duty mat down over a cable as someone will just trip over and sue. So year absolutely no chance of using an electric there. Long term you could move and have a driveway, but obviously thats only if you were really determined to go electric.
            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 23-12-2021, 21:04.

Comment

Neil
              That's unfortunate but also one of the things I've been banging on about re EV's, they aren't the be all and end all. How are people like yourself who want to do it right and go EV going to charge at night.
              It points to another one I mentioned, if the council put in loads of charging posts for the residents the local riff-raff (assuming you have some) will take great delight in taking out the chargers at night or are otherwise damaging them.

Comment

Thanks guys
                I did assume I was dreaming about going the EV route but was worth asking
                I am writing to the council to enquire about a drop kerb & using the EV angle as a reason for needing it but doubt they'll allow it because of the path

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                That's unfortunate but also one of the things I've been banging on about re EV's, they aren't the be all and end all. How are people like yourself who want to do it right and go EV going to charge at night.
                It points to another one I mentioned, if the council put in loads of charging posts for the residents the local riff-raff (assuming you have some) will take great delight in taking out the chargers at night or are otherwise damaging them.
                Yeah it's all very well & good they want to push us towards EV but unless they make extra allowance for people like me who have to park like this it's just not viable

Oh well does look like I'll be going the Petrol route & probably do a hot hatch again

Neil

Comment

Electric is not the future whatsoever for all the obvious and practical reasons.
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 24-12-2021, 16:46.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Electric not the future whatsoever for all the obvious and practical reasons.
                    What do you think will replace petrol and diesel then?

Comment

Hydrogen is the only answer on the scale the planet needs.
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 24-12-2021, 22:13.

Comment

Thanks guys
                        I did assume I was dreaming about going the EV route but was worth asking
                        I am writing to the council to enquire about a drop kerb & using the EV angle as a reason for needing it but doubt they'll allow it because of the path

Yeah it's all very well & good they want to push us towards EV but unless they make extra allowance for people like me who have to park like this it's just not viable

Oh well does look like I'll be going the Petrol route & probably do a hot hatch again

Neil
                        Is there space to park on your front yard? Bloke near me has little rubber triangles to get up the kerb

Comment

Doesn’t look like that area has driveways, hang on I'm driving round to have a nose.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Is there space to park on your front yard? Bloke near me has little rubber triangles to get up the kerb
                            It would hang onto the footpath
                            A few people near me have used those rubber triangle things
                            Also they have those annoying wood bollard things to stop us doing that & parking on the grass as you can see next to my car

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Doesn’t look like that area has driveways, hang on I'm driving round to have a nose.
                            The houses at the top & bottom of my row have them but us in the middle have to go without

Lol let me know when you're near & I'll get the kettle on for you

Neil

Comment

Nope no driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                What do you think will replace petrol and diesel then?
                                Hydrogen for me too, we can make it during the lull in summer from the windfarms, and you would just fill up from a station like you do normally with fossil.

Comment

Working...
                                X