The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    So weird. It's toned down, but now looks kinda like BMW tried to make an Alfa, but with an oddly Mustang (when viewed from the side) front end. The only good view is directly from the front. Awful. Bring back the old 3dr EP3. It all went weird at the FN2 and got weirder.

Comment

Looks nice. RWD yet? Or are they still holding out?

Comment

Yeah, got to agree with [MENTION=13193]nakamura[/MENTION] about this:

Comment

CTR? Thats an fn2 mugen on the left. CTR is fantastic looking though, its a classic design that should come back.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I quite like it but its all gone far too saloon and away from its hot hatch roots.

Comment

I actually really like the current Type R
              The only thing that has ever put me off them is the Wing it's just too much
              I know you can now spec the current one without it in a more understated version but I couldn't afford a new one anyway

That said my current car shopping trend has moved away from potential hot hatch to replace the Mazda 3 & I fear I'm getting too old because I've gone from replacement ideas where I wanted sub 6 second 0-60 & 280+ Bhp to looking at things like the Mazda CX5 because it comes with so many toys...

Bose Audio
              Heated & cooled front seats
              Heated rear seats
              360 camera
              All the space I could ever need for ferrying the child & friends around

I'm scared guys...I think I'm getting old lol

Neil

Comment

Ha, that happens!
                Most people change from asking what's the top MPH to MPG!

I don't hate the current Civic, it's just a bit noisy to look at.
                The upcoming civic is interesting, but it's definitely got more M3 vibes and is a further step away from that 2008 model.

It's funny because I saw a load of these style Civics on the way home and the standard issue ones tend to look rubbish, but the ones with the split grill and some decent wheels look so much better than the single perspex ones, IMHO.

Comment

Picked up the new car yesterday. The salesman said it was the biggest upgrade he'd ever seen. xD

It just about fits, too!

Enhanced Autopilot is a nice surprise as well, that definitely wasn't in the description.

Comment

I fixed a water leak on my car. It has always had a water leak. Until this year I would just put about half a litre in every week, then usage started to dramatically increase. I thought it might be a headgasket leak, but no real signs of it.

Traced it to a warped expansion tank cap causing it to spit out coolant. Then it started leaking out of the water pump, which I eventually traced to the intermittently sticking thermostat. Then water started coming out of a tiny split in the top radiator hose. Then the replacement expansion tank cap had slightly warped, so it was spitting it out again. And then, finally, I saw a slight dripping from the lower radiator hose that only could be seen during it cooling down after a decent run out (clamp needed slightly more tightening). Now - finally - uses no water. None. Zero.

This wouldn't be news, but it has taken 15 years and about 50K miles to finally trace this leak. 15 years! I was still buying brand new PS2 games when this water leak was going on. Join me in 2037 when I sort the oil leak.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave;2455973[IMG
                      https://i.ibb.co/JrSgjFh/IMG-2985.jpg[/IMG]

It just about fits, too!

The last photo is my favourite, it looks like you've managed the ultimate parking job ever accomplished

Comment

Haha that's what I thought, how the hell did he get that in there?! Then I saw the garage door

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Haha that's what I thought, how the hell did he get that in there?! Then I saw the garage door
                          Exactly what i did

edit. Also congratulations Dave i know you've been itching to get one for a while now, what model did you go for in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Also congratulations Dave i know you've been itching to get one for a while now, what model did you go for in the end?
                            Thanks. Model 3 Performance. We saved about €16K buying second-hand, much more if you include the Enhanced Autopilot which I'm absolutely certain they missed.

59,000km on the clock.
                            Last edited by dataDave; 13-10-2022, 17:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              The last photo is my favourite, it looks like you've managed the ultimate parking job ever accomplished

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                Picked up the new car yesterday. The salesman said it was the biggest upgrade he'd ever seen. xD

It just about fits, too!

Enhanced Autopilot is a nice surprise as well, that definitely wasn't in the description.
                                As nice as the car is Dave - how cute is your little boy… Mixed with the best of both worlds… He is going to break hearts…

Comment

Working...
                                X