Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it out of the 7 year warranty?

Comment

Yeah only just, but I got a 2 year extended for it thankfully.
      I managed to limp it to the garage. Lord knows what they'll find. I suspect alternator or fuel injectors.

Comment

$1615+tax for winter tires. Luckily the earliest they can get me in to change them is after payday

Comment

Saw a new Focus today.

Very nice.

Comment

They just copied the Nissan Pulsar with the new Focus

Comment

It looks a bit like an A Class.

Comment

Just seen an Impreza 22B go on sale for £150k

Comment

I *think* at the ripe old age of 44 that I might finally be bored of fast cars. I’m sick of ending up with some young prick hanging on my bumper (Usually in a Fiesta ST?) every time I use the Golf R. I thought about debadging it, but that’s not going to disguise the quad exhausts. I got less of this pish when out in the Aston.

Comment

Yep. At 48 I've found I'm looking at luxury over speed. There's a nice Jag XE at the garage round the corner that I have my eye on. No idea what it's like inside but it looks smart from the outside. I don't even break the speed limit these days. I save the fast driving for Dirt rally and Wipeout!

Comment

Loving my Disco, very relaxing and pleasing to drive. It has its own pace really. I could sit in it all day

Comment

I’m heavily considering a Discovery right now. Just not sure how their build quality is these days.

Comment

At 46 I find myself in possession of a tired Type-R (owned since practically brand new) and I'm not going to be able to justify replacing it with anything as fast and fun ... and I know I'm going to miss it. I tried going sensible once before and it didn't take. I don't think I'll ever grow out of my love of hot hatches ... but family life means funds are needed elsewhere. God knows what I'll have to replace my beloved Civic with.

Comment

It's amazing how much driver behaviour can be tied to car models, it feels like it's always the same brands doing the same behaviour when on the road.

I don't sweat being in someones way, I always ride the speed limit or a tad over in places so anyone comes hugging close behind me in a dusty old Corsa they can wait, if you're running 20+mph above the speed limit you're not in a place to take the high ground

It's all about manoeuvers anyway - Any flat footed chimp can make a car go fast, it's being able to steer that car through the eye of a needle that's the skill test and most pedal pushes would fail that test

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              I’m heavily considering a Discovery right now. Just not sure how their build quality is these days.
                              No different to any other highly complex machine on the roads really. They have a lot of tech on them, the air suspension is lovely too.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                Build quality is shocking. My old mans has something wrong with it every single week. He’s getting shot of it now. Got 2 mechanics in front of my factory and they both said to him the day he brought it into work the same quote

“Why on earth did you buy one of those heaps”.

Comment

Working...
                                X