No announcement yet.

The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give it another 2-3 years and I wouldn't be surprised to see the electric push get dialled way back down.

Comment

I wouldn't have a vw car given, vile company with a history of dishonesty. The jury is still out on electric cars too, people naively think they are fossil free.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        I wouldn't have a vw car given, vile company with a history of dishonesty. The jury is still out on electric cars too, people naively think they are fossil free.
        The people behind the diesel scandal are gone and the peeps there now are making an effort to improve things. The ID3 is apparently carbon neutral through to delivery to the end user. Of course there is still hydrocarbons used in car production for plastics and tyres but it’s not being burnt causing pollution directly like fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Give it another 2-3 years and I wouldn't be surprised to see the electric push get dialled way back down.
          I think you’re right. Once the choice of petrol, diesel or electric becomes normalized the marketing peeps will go back to pushing schportiness, in car tech, safety or some such other thing they’ve decided is on trend. They need to get youngsters interested in cars as that’s something they can’t take for granted any more.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            The people behind the diesel scandal are gone and the peeps there now are making an effort to improve things. The ID3 is apparently carbon neutral through to delivery to the end user. Of course there is still hydrocarbons used in car production for plastics and tyres but it’s not being burnt causing pollution directly like fuel.
            It wasn't the first time, and it won't be last. As I said, vile company.

Comment

[MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION] - great to hear your thoughts on the Taycan. I'm pretty tempted to be honest, blows all Teslas out of the water from what I can see. The Porsche garages are hyping them through the roof at the moment as well.

Comment

My exhaust fell off yesterday and I had the indignity of driving a car that sounded like an ailing Spitfire through rush hour traffic. Tbh, it's starting to really show it's age in a number of ways

It's been a lovely car but I feel like my Type R is getting dangerously close to that great Asda carpark in the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  My exhaust fell off yesterday and I had the indignity of driving a car that sounded like an ailing Spitfire through rush hour traffic. Tbh, it's starting to really show it's age in a number of ways

It's been a lovely car but I feel like my Type R is getting dangerously close to that great Asda carpark in the sky.
                  lol, how old is it?

Comment

05. It looks amazing at a glance, only done 70odd thousand miles too. But underneath it's a mess. Daily driver to work through 14 winters hasn't been kind. Wish I'd sealed it under there when it was a lot newer.

Comment

05. It looks amazing at a glance, only done 70odd thousand miles too. But underneath it's a mess. Daily driver to work through 14 winters hasn't been kind. Wish I'd sealed it under there when it was a lot newer.
                      Just get it cleaned up underneath, there are a lot of places that do this now too, if you don't fancy getting black. My disco is similar so I've been slowly cleaning it up. My MGB is nearly 40, so I'm sure yours has a bit longer to go yet

Comment

I asked the garage who usually service and MOT it and they said I'd slightly missed the boat on treating it as you can seal the corrosion in. I'm all for keeping it going though so I may still pursue it. The worry for me is if my Civic goes I have a feeling whatever I get to replace it won't have 200bhp. I've tried going sensible before and it didn't take

Comment

I asked the garage who usually service and MOT it and they said I'd slightly missed the boat on treating it as you can seal the corrosion in. I'm all for keeping it going though so I may still pursue it. The worry for me is if my Civic goes I have a feeling whatever I get to replace it won't have 200bhp. I've tried going sensible before and it didn't take
                          You don't seal it in, don't use underseal! You clean it up first with wirewheels and powerfiles, then use a rust treatment like hydrate 80, then a top coat of two pack epoxy, or some primer and a plastic coating like one of the dinitrols. You can also put cavity wax into various places.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                            You don't seal it in, don't use underseal! You clean it up first with wirewheels and powerfiles, then use a rust treatment like hydrate 80, then a top coat of two pack epoxy, or some primer and a plastic coating like one of the dinitrols. You can also put cavity wax into various places.

Comment

Biff QC on nose, what I don't know about rusty cars isn't worth knowing

Comment

Cheers for the advice vp ... you've given me hope For now, a new exhaust will be fitted on Tuesday morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X