The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
    I have a Giulietta Veloce and I love it!

I just enjoy owning a car that isn’t that popular. I guess a wiser man would have bought a Golf GTI as it’s probably a better car all round but I prefer something a bit different. Not had any serious issues with this or my previous Giulietta too.

I’ll probably get a Giulia Veloce TI for my next car as they don’t make the Giulietta anymore.
    I actually looked at the Giulietta TBI 1750 as well
    That looked pretty nice

I did have a 147 Lusso in a past life as well which was nice but woefully underpowered it looked lovely & drove well

I am seriously tempted with the Giulia though I do like being a bit different from the norm & this looks like fitting the bill perfectly RWD & just under 280Bhp will be perfect lol

Neil

Comment

Comment

That new Lotus Emira looks very nice - not seen any driving vids of it yet mind.

(It's the CarWow channel, but actually they do fairly decent car vids).

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          That new Lotus Emira looks very nice - not seen any driving vids of it yet mind.

(It's the CarWow channel, but actually they do fairly decent car vids).
          Yeah I watched this earlier and I have to say, it looks bloody lovely.

Comment

Another fan here.

I nearly dodged that video from the thumbnail, but it was pretty decent, cheers.

Comment

The Carfection video about the Emira was pretty good. Stunning looking motor. Almost has me questioning whether I can do one of these rental things that are all the rage these days.

Comment

Had an aluminium dog bone mount put in 2 weeks ago to take the wheel hop out on launching it, basically cured that and after the first 3-4 days of bedding in the extra vibrations on low rpm have gone as well, so only benefits to that part.

Once the front tyres are done ill be putting Michelin pilot sport 4s on as well.

I do love this car, its such a versatile daily runner but still with 280bhp and 280lb of torque, you can poodle around at 30mph and almost drive it like a diesel as the torque kicks in at 1700rpm, so you basically have instant power right away. Then when you want to hoon it its happy doing that as well. I can still get 43mpg on the motorway as well when i do a long journey which is a massive bonus too.

Great shout from Soundwave for taking another look at a Cupra.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 08-07-2021, 11:29.

Comment

Have my deposit down on an Emira already. Haven't bought a 'brand new' car since my Lotus Evora 400 in 2015, can't wait. Will be my last sports car purchase.

Comment

Haha, I knew that Lotus vid would be like Colin’s bat symbol going out

Exciting purchase mate, very nice indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      Have my deposit down on an Emira already. Haven't bought a 'brand new' car since my Lotus Evora 400 in 2015, can't wait. Will be my last sports car purchase.
                      Lets hope it’s not a disappointment then.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        Will be my last sports car purchase.
                        Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Haha, I knew that Lotus vid would be like Colin’s bat symbol going out

Exciting purchase mate, very nice indeed
                          Well I don't really have anything to say about games any more, cars however still excite me!

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Lets hope it’s not a disappointment then.
                          My three Evora's were fantastic, they only need to make this as good and I'll be happy.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          Whatever.
                          Hey, I'll have you know I've been good and haven't bought a car in two and a half years! Not that I've had time with starting the new businesses. By the time these are delivered to customers all should be calm and running smoothly.............

Comment

This is amazing.

I literally thought of Colin when I saw the news of a new Lotus and hoped you'd post!

Comment

I’ll be 48 by the time I collect it, might be later as I’m going for the AMG version, I feel like I’m on the edge of looking like a daft old man in a sports car. My revelation to my wife that I’d put the deposit down was not well received, I think she thought those days were behind me now.

Comment

Who cares what other people think of you in your sports car? They're probably just jealous anyway.

I've also taken the plunge and ordered a new car to replace the vRS. Ten years I've had the Skoda now so time for change. Nowhere near as exciting as an Emira though.
                                Although it is rear engined, rear wheel drive with a low centre of gravity and even weight distribution.

No not a 911. Unfortunately.

I went for a VW ID.3 Family 58kWh 150kW (201bhp) in silver. Supposedly being built this week I'm hoping to have it early September.

Comment

Working...
                                X