No announcement yet.

The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's probably because fat32 is still the industry standard up to 32gb, and still the most compatible with any system.
    The only benefit for flash media to use any thing other than fat32 is for filesize restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      I like the new Supra!

Second here for liking the new Supra when I’m 40/50 and the kid don’t have to be in the back, will get one used after owning my Celica ST230 and GT 86/350Z. Toyota did at least send the BMW engine parts to Japan for inspection (see below). I wish they had put a Toyota dash inside instead of the BMW one though.

Last edited by JU!; 09-02-2019, 14:19.

Comment

Current car deal ends next month, so just ordered a new Leon Cupra. It's the run out model as Seat are introducing a new Leon next year, so they're doing really good deals on them at the moment. Pretty much every option is already included as standard so fully loaded without having to spec anything. Really looking forward to it, be interesting to see how it performs compared to the Golf R.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
          Current car deal ends next month, so just ordered a new Leon Cupra. It's the run out model as Seat are introducing a new Leon next year, so they're doing really good deals on them at the moment. Pretty much every option is already included as standard so fully loaded without having to spec anything. Really looking forward to it, be interesting to see how it performs compared to the Golf R.
          Wouldn’t touch a golf r I expect, it’s down on power and is only FWD.

Look like nice cars though, let us know your impressions once you get it.
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 14-03-2019, 10:17.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Wouldn’t touch a golf r I expect, it’s down on power and is only FWD.

Look like nice cars though, let us know your impressions once you get it.
            Yeah power is 10 bhp down, but weighs less due to fwd. Had a manual before in the R but this is the new 7 speed DSG, so slightly different in that way too. Looking forward to it turning up.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              New Supra is hideous
              https://youtu.be/Ka4Vo_ZvUaM
              No, the guy and the way he talks is hideous. The car is just meh.
              I mean, I can HEAR the way his lip perched above his teeth!!

Comment

Currently driving an 18 plate Qashqai. Lovely but don't like e-handbrake.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  Lovely but don't like e-handbrake.
                  I don’t trust those things whatsoever. Only takes a false signal to lock them up while driving, scary stuff, and it does happen.

Over engineering a simple system for the sake of it.

Comment

Other things I don't like about the Qashqai:

Only one phone connected (my Skoda can do one phone for voice and a separate one for media).

Have to use the touchscreen to access menus for stuff like phone, media, maps etc. Skoda can all be done from steering wheel.

Wing mirrors aren't heated.

Comment

The media system in the Qashqai is bobbins.
                      That was the pet peeve for the whole time I had it.
                      Mine had heated Mirrors and Windscreen, I really miss those now

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        The media system in the Qashqai is bobbins.
                        That was the pet peeve for the whole time I had it.
                        Mine had heated Mirrors and Windscreen, I really miss those now
                        I will say that I would buy one solely for the reaction Nancy had when we found that button for the panoramic sunroof!

The shriek of joy was utterly wonderful.

What are you driving at the moment, Boris?

Comment

YEa, the panoamic roof is lovely. It's really nice to be in so much light if you are in the car so much.

I got a Toyota CHR last April, which is a Hybrid and saves me £90 a month over the Qashqai in company car tax. I do miss the 360 parking sensors , the roof and the Heated windscreen from the Qashqai.

Comment

The parking sensors are magic.

The birdseye view of the car when navigating into a space is so cool.

Comment

[MENTION=2447]EvilBoris[/MENTION] What spec CH-R have you got then?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                [MENTION=2447]EvilBoris[/MENTION] What spec CH-R have you got then?
                                I think it's the Excel, which is the more gadgety of the 2 top models.
                                The Park assist on the CHR is much easier to use as it's just a button on the dash, I use it a lot for end of day parallel parking. It's nice not having to think.
                                But the 360 ones were so good for fitting into tiny spaces
                                Last edited by EvilBoris; 17-03-2019, 13:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X