• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/p...d=iehp#image=2

Cars that are dying out:
    (Name and number still on the road)
    Austin Maxi - 175
    So many childhood recalls across the board there, amazing how easily the numbers fall on these things.
    The Maxi had fold down seats that turned the inside into a double bed.

Comment

You've got to take those figures with a pinch of salt, they come from the DVLA stats which are a vague stab in the dark for old cars at the best of times, new ones are registered a bit better. I've had plenty of old cars over the years with no model name listed (or the trim spec instead, or something like "SALOON" or simply left blank). They were never registered to the same method across all the local offices and the data cleansing operation they did from the old microfiche sheets was a slapdash job.

Comment

I had a Mk2 Golf GL years ago but the V5 stated it was a Golf Formel E. No such thing existed on the Mk 2. Did make me wonder about the cars history.

Comment

Going to take a look at a Toyota Hilux today. The roads have become so bad round here that me and the girlfriend are both going 4wd. Sadly my merc is only worth a max of about £6k these days so I’ll have to fork out another 5 or 6 and it’s not even the new year yet.

Not terribly exciting for the petrol heads on here but I’ll post pics anyway if and when I get it. Got a Navara to look at tomorrow as well.

Comment

I’d have the Toyota over a Nissan anyday of the week, they are pap now. Why not a 4wd car or suv? The Pickup will be like an old tractor.

Comment

Hilux was awful, as you day lol. Place I’m going to tomorrow has a top spec xc90 so if the trucks are no good I’ll check that out.

Comment

They have some L200s there too so quite a choice and all in budget. They have a wrx sti too...

In the £6 car wash and bloke pulled in behind in a yellow lambo. Really? I would only ever clean that myself
                Last edited by Brad; 29-12-2019, 13:09.

Comment

I was very close to getting a truck this year but then decided against it. The L200 seems to come out on top for pretty much everything, the new ones are surprisingly economical for a truck too.

Comment

Picking up the XC60 Friday. Seems to tick all the boxes. Not many toys but it’s the R Design variety with larger wheels than is really necessary so that new tyres will cost a fortune. Go me!

Comment

New car here. What follows is a tale of sadness followed by happiness:

Got car home, front 12v adapter not working. Rear one not working either. Dug out manual, says fuse is in socket 25 under the bonnet. Bonnet open, no fuse in socket 25 but more worryingly no clips to plug one into either! ARGH!! Crap I thought; clearly some big issue here and they've taken the whole thing out. Turns out the manual was out of date and that fuse is now (2011 onward) under the glove compartment. Anyway, it was blown. Put a new one in and all working.

I'm sure you all feel your lives have been enriched by reading this story.

Comment

Devastatingly beautiful plot dude

Comment

Cool story bro.

Comment

That's a Hollywood movie starring Tom Hanks coming soon right there.

Comment

I'm sure [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] would agree all great stories end with "fuse was blown".

Comment

Let me know how it is, XC60 is on my shortlist for a car purchase shortly

Comment

Working...
                                X