Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death = seat *

Comment

Went in a tesla 3 with performance pack yesterday. Mental. So different. Same 0-60 as my old bike (3.1s) but then no need to change gear. Just keeps going at the same fierceness. Suspension is really quality too. Regenerative brakes mean you don't even use the brakes most of the time.

Comment

Also on a closed road this morning, I booted it at 40mph in 2nd in the scoob. Immediately spins up all the tyres and Ken Blocked it round the corner, no fuss, revs bouncing off the limiter. Heart didn't even skip a beat. Whenever my bike did stuff like that, I'd leave a brown streak next to the black one...

Comment

Comment

Test Driven a GR Supra A90 about a month ago and have to say was great fun power delivery very linear through the Twin scroll Turbo, the car gets up to speed very quickly! ZF Gear box was very smooth, (First auto I have ever driven), manual paddle shift mode felt responsive too, when shifting to 2nd/3rd crackles and pops from exhaust quite noticable. The yellow colour GR Supra, looks especially nice in person, with the Blue a bit understated and Silver looked quite a matte like finish (Not seen the red one or Ice grey colour/white models). GR Supra is very small even smaller than a GT86 I feel. Amazed how normal the car feels at slow speeds, and comfortable. Handling was very good, was quite hard to lose traction suprisingly for it's power of 330BHP (370BHP in reality), and steering was a bit heavier in Sport Mode than the comfort setting. The cabin feels quite cramped with the side sills being truly huge, believe this is for rigidity. Infotainment stuff was very BMW but that is a good thing compared to Toyota interiors, but wish like the gauge cluster Toyota would have added a bit more of their parts like steering wheel for example. Boot was suprisingly spacious so plenty of rom for the shopping if you so needed to do that in a Sports Car. Although at the moment bit out of my price range until it goes used (Currently £5000 Deposit and £660 a month base model) the Wife poo pooed it by saying she wanted x4 seats so GT86 it is then April/Jan

Not sure why we don't get the 4.0 cylinder GR Supra version here in the U.K but Europe does and U.S and apparently we won't be getting the A91 either due to our emission regulations. In other news seems Corvette C8 Stingray Reviews are coming out, sounds very good.

Selection so far:

Last edited by JU!; 22-02-2020, 15:36.

Comment

Heads up, the 4 seats in an 86 are, imo, emergency use only or babies or amputees. I could tolerate a 20 minute journey taking the kids to school with my seat pulled forward but it wasn’t nice. Other than that it’s a fabulous drive.

Comment

I've got home from work today and all is fine. Next I have to pick the kids up, so I drive to the mean road, pull out and head to the next junction. By that time I can smell burning and steam is coming from under the bonnet.

I get to my parents and pop the bonnet and there's no coolant. I grab a bottle and sink 2ltr into the tank by the end, it literally feeds through the pipes and pours out the bottom of the car roughly toward the centre rear of the engine area emptying the coolant tank within 15-20 seconds. So, the car has stayed there overnight. One thing I'm keeping in mind here is that the car would still have been hot from the ride home from work...

Tomorrow the garage that knows its history opens at 8.30am. It's 2.3 miles away from my parents house and the running plan is to walk round, feed a ltr of coolant in which will flush out but some spits worth will still be in the pipes for a brief moment and the car will be running from cold, then try to drive it to the garage for when it opens.

What are my chances of getting it there without killing something in the engine?

Comment

Can u see where its leaking? What car is it?

Comment

Ford Focus, it seems to be heavily flowing from the middle of the car roughly beneath where the windshield divides the dashboard from the bonnet

Comment

has a pipe come loose or does it just need the end trimming with a kneif for a temp fix?

Comment

It had new pipes, seals and coolant tank fitted about 4 months ago all of which are dry so whatever the leak is it seems to be away from the radiator and the tank but severe enough to flush the tank out so quick

Comment

I don’t think I would drive it in that condition.

Comment

I've done some digging and found another garage I'm not familiar with which is tucked away just 0.5m from the house, pretty much just top of their street and down a road to the next bend. I might try that as Google Maps says its a little over 1 minutes drive. Wish I knew that last year when it last blew

Comment

Got it in and they found the issue but had no time in the next week to fix it so advised driving it to another garage 3 miles away up a steep hill. Drive it the 1.5 to the old garage instead, just about made it so it's all on how much damage but it'll have the known issue fixed first and see how it holds. A few days still though

Comment

Exciting car story dude. Keep us posted. Sounds like sarcasm but not

Comment

Working...
                                X