Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one QualityChimp

Great impressions Wools

I've gone the complete opposite and am waiting patiently for a big dirty V6 Diesel Ford Everest Sport ; mainly for camping, MTB trips and 4WD around Oz so the 4WD aspect was important and supposedly these are very good offroad for the money, looked at a new Defender but it was like 50k more expensive

Unfortunately they're so popular there's a massive waiting list.......

​This is what my dream offroad build would look something like (it will never get past the boss though ) To be fair stock is good enough, I'll probably only upgrade the shocks at some point.
    878x640.webp

Comment

I didn't know you lived in Oz, Finsbury Girl. That Ford Everest Sport looks awesome (in stock format too), even if it is a dirty diesel guzzler

Congrats on the new car QualityChimp, sounds like you made the right call

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't want a Nissan Leaf if I was traversing the Outback - something monstrous with meaty bullbars to smash the errant kangaroos on the road.
        Plus, that's lunch sorted.

Should be getting the new car Friday - excitement!

Comment

Year my mate when travelling in Oz hit a red Kangeroo in his rental, wrote the car off and the thing just brushed itself down and hopped off.
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 27-03-2024, 09:59.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            I didn't know you lived in Oz, Finsbury Girl. That Ford Everest Sport looks awesome (in stock format too), even if it is a dirty diesel guzzler

Congrats on the new car QualityChimp, sounds like you made the right call
            Yep I'm an Aussie, lived in the UK for many years (twice!) which is when I joined the forum waaaaaaay back in the day.

The Sport is really nice to drive but it's bloody big which will take some getting used to, but will fit my dog, a couple of MTBs, bodyboards and camping gear I need. I cannot wait for it to come (eventually.....) My first trip when I get it will be up to Fraser Island from Sydney ; will be EPIC

Comment

Just googled photos of Fraser Island. Wow, looks incredible

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Year my mate when travelling in Oz hit a red Kangeroo in his rental, wrote the car off and the thing just brushed itself down and hopped off.
                The roo:

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Just googled photos of Fraser Island. Wow, looks incredible
                  Yeah, the beach looks idyllic, but don't forget this is Australia where everything is out to kill you:

Comment

Just run 'em over in your Ford Everest

Comment

Joking aside, I love how the forum has people from all over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

The roo:
                        He’d been living there a few years and traveled all over, said the thing was an absolute monster, that pic isn’t even an exaggeration of how buff the reds get

Comment

Working...
                        X