The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
    Oh god when I drive the 140 I honestly thought I was going to die...it was bonkers quick
    That's a serious motor. I've got a real soft spot of them. Think I prefer the coupe to the hatch but both look ace when they're packing some muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      Surprised to hear about reliability issues with the Cupra. Couple of lads on my shift have them and enjoy a fair bit of spirited driving. One of the guys also has the car producing a fair bit more poke too and it’s been fine.
      Yeah know of many that tune them as they are so easy to extract more power from
      Always thought they were fairly bulletproof

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      Just had a look on torque gt, they currently have a Hatchback sti spec C. Hmmmmmmmmm.
      Just looked myself...they both look beautiful
      Bit too old for me for my next car but they certainly look like they'd fit your bill

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        That's a serious motor. I've got a real soft spot of them. Think I prefer the coupe to the hatch but both look ace when they're packing some muscle.
        Yeah they were on the shortlist for a bit but genuinely not sure I could live with it one during the winter months when the roads are less than ideal

Have been looking at Audi S4 & S5 on Autotrader this week

Neil

Comment

There is a 4wd Cupra 300 which looks nice but those models go way over what I realistically want to spend, as id buy it outright.

Comment

There is a 4wd Cupra 300 which looks nice but those models go way over what I realistically want to spend, as id buy it outright.
            Yeah they are awesome but sadly estate only so not for me either
            Wish they done it as a Hatchback to be honest
            They did do a really limited edition Cupra R with over 300bhp but only 24 made it to the UK which was annoying as they are like rocking horse poo

Neil

Comment

See i’m only looking at estate versions as i need the extra space.

Comment

See i’m only looking at estate versions as i need the extra space.
                I'm quite lucky I don't need that much space & Chloe getting bigger means she can get herself in & out now so I can look at more or less anything these days

Neil

Comment

Anyone had a mk3 focus st? Ive no idea what their like at all. Thoughts? St-2 seem to be decent value and power.
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 20-10-2020, 21:02.

Comment

Anyone had a mk3 focus st? Ive no idea what their like at all. Thoughts? St-2 seem to be decent value and power.
                    The mother in law had the the Diesel ST3 hatchback & it was nice
                    Fairly quick (think it's same as my Mazda 3 diesel at around 184bhp) & comfortable

One of my other mates had a tuned petrol ST1 version but he drove it like a prick & I never really felt safe or comfortable in it so can't really judge

All round though they are meant to be very good & pretty useful daily drivers

Neil

Comment

Looks like CUPRA is back on the menu boys.

Test drove a 2015 Cupra 280 estate today and absolutely loved it. Waiting on Monday now for a trade in price of the scoob and what they can do for me off the price.

Comment

Looks like CUPRA is back on the menu boys.

Test drove a 2015 Cupra 280 estate today and absolutely loved it. Waiting on Monday now for a trade in price of the scoob and what they can do for me off the price.
                        Nice, glad you found one & gave it a chance
                        Hope they come up with figures you can work with

Look forward to seeing pics

Neil

Comment

Anyone have a Mazda 2? What do you think of it?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                            Anyone have a Mazda 2? What do you think of it?
                            Not sure if it helps but I have a Mazda 3 & I can't fault I
                            Had it 5 years & around 40k miles & it hasn't skipped a beat
                            Small issue with the DPF (mines the 2.2 Diesel) but that was fixed by a run & purge the system other than that absolutely bullet proof
                            Comfortable, well specced, cheap to run & insure
                            Well worth considering

Neil

Comment

I test drove a mazda 2 and a fiesta diesel zetec ten years ago. The mazda was terrible to drive. Zero grip and wooden steering. The fiesta whilst dog slow was a joy to sit in and drive two hours a day for a year.

Comment

Picking the Cupra up tonight. Very excited.

Comment

Working...
                                X