User Tag List

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

The Car Thread: Mark III

https://www.theguardian.com/business...beetle-in-2019

Let's start with a Megaton. Volkswagon has announced they're going to murder Herbie.

Though a future revival isn't being ruled out, it's a sad end for the Beetle. Though personally it's been pretty poorly designed for years so is being written off more out of a lack of effort on VW's part.

In a moment of carelessness I curbed an alloy this week ... it looks like a circular saw blade

Mine has that, a chipped bit of rubber off one tyre too. I'm normally fine lining it up but parking gets so tight locally that it's getting easier to be off the mark

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...targets-report

A new analysis of pollution levels has said that the EU needs to wipe out sales of petrol and diesel sales by 2030 to hit targets. Hybrids also need to be obsolete by 2035.

They also say conventional car sales will need to drop from 15m this year to 5m by 2022 and owners of petrol and diesel powered vehicles would need to have scrapped their cars by 2045

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...targets-report

A new analysis of pollution levels has said that the EU needs to wipe out sales of petrol and diesel sales by 2030 to hit targets. Hybrids also need to be obsolete by 2035.

They also say conventional car sales will need to drop from 15m this year to 5m by 2022 and owners of petrol and diesel powered vehicles would need to have scrapped their cars by 2045

Well be back to horse and cart if they dont put into action sustainable non poluting fuel in the next year or so. Not just a pie in the sky this may be the answer in 50 years but a definitive this is it, its happening and the change over starts right now in 2018.

Not going to happen though, well just carry on trashing the planet instead, much easier than doing something hard like NOT trashing it.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 20-09-2018 at 09:45 AM.

They need electric cars with giant versions of the cableless NFC fast charging mobile phones use

I'd always told myself that those that wanted a conventional car for fun e.g. an e type, or a Porsche say, would always be able to enjoy a fun weekend away in it, even after we all switch to electric but just realised that at some point petrol stations will disappear

Yup, they'll be one day looked at like this: The coal powered car

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Yup, they'll be one day looked at like this: The coal powered car

How did that ever become a thing?

That's almost like something from a Final Fantasy game.