The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Car Thread: Mark III

Let's start with a Megaton. Volkswagon has announced they're going to murder Herbie.

Though a future revival isn't being ruled out, it's a sad end for the Beetle. Though personally it's been pretty poorly designed for years so is being written off more out of a lack of effort on VW's part.

In a moment of carelessness I curbed an alloy this week ... it looks like a circular saw blade

Comment

Mine has that, a chipped bit of rubber off one tyre too. I'm normally fine lining it up but parking gets so tight locally that it's getting easier to be off the mark

Comment

A new analysis of pollution levels has said that the EU needs to wipe out sales of petrol and diesel sales by 2030 to hit targets. Hybrids also need to be obsolete by 2035.

They also say conventional car sales will need to drop from 15m this year to 5m by 2022 and owners of petrol and diesel powered vehicles would need to have scrapped their cars by 2045

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          https://www.theguardian.com/environm...targets-report

A new analysis of pollution levels has said that the EU needs to wipe out sales of petrol and diesel sales by 2030 to hit targets. Hybrids also need to be obsolete by 2035.

They also say conventional car sales will need to drop from 15m this year to 5m by 2022 and owners of petrol and diesel powered vehicles would need to have scrapped their cars by 2045

We’ll be back to horse and cart if they don’t put into action sustainable non poluting fuel in the next year or so. Not just a pie in the sky this may be the answer in 50 years but a definitive this is it, it’s happening and the change over starts right now in 2018.

Not going to happen though, we’ll just carry on trashing the planet instead, much easier than doing something hard like NOT trashing it.
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 20-09-2018, 09:45.

Comment

They need electric cars with giant versions of the cableless NFC fast charging mobile phones use

Comment

I'd always told myself that those that wanted a conventional car for fun e.g. an e type, or a Porsche say, would always be able to enjoy a fun weekend away in it, even after we all switch to electric but just realised that at some point petrol stations will disappear

Comment

Yup, they'll be one day looked at like this: The coal powered car

Comment

Yup, they'll be one day looked at like this: The coal powered car

How did that ever become a thing?

Comment

That's almost like something from a Final Fantasy game.

Comment

They need electric cars with giant versions of the cableless NFC fast charging mobile phones use

Comment

Mine has that, a chipped bit of rubber off one tyre too. I'm normally fine lining it up but parking gets so tight locally that it's getting easier to be off the mark
                        Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        In a moment of carelessness I curbed an alloy this week ... it looks like a circular saw blade
                        Good to know not just me getting small car issues my 04 facelift Celica 7th gen ST230 has slow puncture I thin in left front and have a small piece of blistering/bubbling on my rear spoiler so need to clear coat which is annoying.

In other news I’m waiting to see the new Toyota Supra out of Camouflage.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...targets-report

Good luck with that Govenment I’m not quite sure how they are going to get rid of every petrol car unless they charge crazy road tax to own one. I mean they need to start lowering the prices of Eletric/Hybrid cars first as at the moment some seem cost double a normal car.
                        Last edited by JU!; 22-09-2018, 21:20.

Comment

With so many people leasing cars these days I think that will help the adoption of electric cars. People are already driving cars they couldn't otherwise afford to buy outright. And the refinement and low running costs of electric cars will have broad appeal once people actually experience them.
                          I work in an oil refinery and even here there is a surprising amount of electric cars starting to show up.

Comment

Had the Pug MOTd yesterday. It passed...however...

Engine coolant leak and binding on rear breaks present. Told not to drive until repaired. How did it pass then?!

Comment

That’s not meant to be allowed these days, weird.

Comment

Working...
                              X