The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Cheers for the advice vp ... you've given me hope For now, a new exhaust will be fitted on Tuesday morning.
    Here is an example from my MGB this summer, before, during, and after. It was all ground back, then a black hydrate 80 rust treatment, then a red anti rust paint, followed by a top coat of bathroom tile paint I found in the shed (waterproof and sets rock hard)

Comment

Fine work my man. Car stuff has never been my forte but I reckon me and my bro might roll our sleeves up maybe next spring (as long as it gets though that January MOT).

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Fine work my man. Car stuff has never been my forte but I reckon me and my bro might roll our sleeves up maybe next spring (as long as it gets though that January MOT).
        Let me know when, and I'll tell you all the best supplies and tools to get

Comment

Cheers buddy

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
            @CMcK - great to hear your thoughts on the Taycan. I'm pretty tempted to be honest, blows all Teslas out of the water from what I can see. The Porsche garages are hyping them through the roof at the moment as well.
            I don’t know if you have seen the video on Fully Charged with Jonny Smith? He’s in a disguised Taycan and does something daft like 30 full bore launches in it. No issues. It’s clearly been built to perform and the Nordschleife time seems to confirm that.

Comment

I'm gonna have to check that out, sounds awesome. I have some concerns that the Porsche infrastructure won't be convenient for anyone outside of major cities which makes it less viable as a daily driver but other than that it looks to be an epic entrance to full EV for them.

Comment

Didn't Tesla just beat the Taycan's ring time?

No real shock with this sentence, but I've started looking at new cars. Not much out there grabbing me though. The new Defender might be nice, but reliability would scare me.

Comment

Enjoyed listening to the 60s GT40s and Lolas racing at the Revival. I was 9 miles away Must have been INSANE trackside.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post

No real shock with this sentence, but I've started looking at new cars. Not much out there grabbing me though. The new Defender might be nice, but reliability would scare me.
                    Don't be a wuss. Get the three door commercial when it comes out, and get the burbur shop on the sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post

Aye they might have done but I just don't want a Tesla and I they must have used the top end model for that, because why wouldn't they!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        The people behind the diesel scandal are gone and the peeps there now are making an effort to improve things.

As I said vile company

Comment

Peak car ownership has today been achieved...

Neil

Comment

Nice one

Comment

Another day another problem in life

Driving home yesterday on the motorway and as usual traffic is slow. So, you're moving along a few feet every 20 seconds or so and we're getting near our junction when something doesn't feel right with the car. It's hard to accurately describe it but I'd probably say it was like something was off with the rev's when in low gear/speed - like the car is tempted to stall. Rather than the usual smooth rev up and down when balancing the accelerator with the clutch it felt more stop/start. This carried on for a few minutes and just as we were getting off the motorway the display flashed up saying Engine Malfunction, Service Now. We pulled up in a bus stop and turned the engine off for a minute, turned it back on and it rode the rest of the way home fine.

This morning I've driven to work, got within about 2 streets of the journey being done and as I've set off at a junction it's started again (no display message). At the next traffic lights I quickly turned ignition back off and then on again and the issue vanished again so a bit puzzled as to why the car has to run for X amount of time for it to happen and why a simple restart temporarily solves it, doesn't give much clue as to what the issue is.

Comment

What car?

Comment

Working...
                                X