User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    They need electric cars with giant versions of the cableless NFC fast charging mobile phones use

Mine has that, a chipped bit of rubber off one tyre too. I'm normally fine lining it up but parking gets so tight locally that it's getting easier to be off the mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    In a moment of carelessness I curbed an alloy this week ... it looks like a circular saw blade
    Good to know not just me getting small car issues my 04 facelift Celica 7th gen ST230 has slow puncture I thin in left front and have a small piece of blistering/bubbling on my rear spoiler so need to clear coat which is annoying.

In other news I’m waiting to see the new Toyota Supra out of Camouflage.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...targets-report

A new analysis of pollution levels has said that the EU needs to wipe out sales of petrol and diesel sales by 2030 to hit targets. Hybrids also need to be obsolete by 2035.

They also say conventional car sales will need to drop from 15m this year to 5m by 2022 and owners of petrol and diesel powered vehicles would need to have scrapped their cars by 2045
    Good luck with that Govenment I’m not quite sure how they are going to get rid of every petrol car unless they charge crazy road tax to own one. I mean they need to start lowering the prices of Eletric/Hybrid cars first as at the moment some seem cost double a normal car.
    Last edited by JU!; 22-09-2018 at 09:20 PM.

With so many people leasing cars these days I think that will help the adoption of electric cars. People are already driving cars they couldn't otherwise afford to buy outright. And the refinement and low running costs of electric cars will have broad appeal once people actually experience them.
    I work in an oil refinery and even here there is a surprising amount of electric cars starting to show up.

Had the Pug MOTd yesterday. It passed...however...

Engine coolant leak and binding on rear breaks present. Told not to drive until repaired. How did it pass then?!

That’s not meant to be allowed these days, weird.

Quote Originally Posted by teddymeow View Post
    Had the Pug MOTd yesterday. It passed...however...

Engine coolant leak and binding on rear breaks present. Told not to drive until repaired. How did it pass then?!
    I guess that might be the MOT places way around no Advisories now they say you pass but MUST fix etc until driving. I did wonder how this would work as people get advisory for all sorts and it is hardly dangerous. Good in some ways no more Advisories though as you used to get a car and not know if the Advisories were fixed or not.

Really I think electric cars won't take off in the way they want until they're made municipal; i.e. a city owns the fleet of cars and you call/use them in a manner reminiscent of Uber.

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    Really I think electric cars won't take off in the way they want until they're made municipal; i.e. a city owns the fleet of cars and you call/use them in a manner reminiscent of Uber.
    Materials to build rechargeable batteries will expire long before then.

Scraping sound has started sometimes when I'm breaking, coming from the rear... I think the rear break pads are giving in. There's another 250