No announcement yet.

Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know, bugger knows why they haven't bothered this time, especially when it's not exactly a bare-bones package. Hoping they'll patch it at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      I'm hearing that it looks ugly in 720p/handheld mode.
      Don't know- I went and got the PS4 version in the end for some reason.

Comment

So am I right in thinking it is only available on physical release in Japan?

It’s a nice little bundle, even without the licensed games we also want... I’m very much up for his!

Comment

That's right.

Comment

Just had a quick blast.
            I'd forgotten how tough Final Fight could be!

I'd also forgotten how gory Captain Commando was!
            Two seconds in and I'm slicing some henchman in twain!

Comment

Just pre-ordered the Jpn Version for the Switch so I can have a physical copy

Neil

Comment

Just gave this a blast through. Nice enough and the games are of course largely timeless but the lack of any filters is not really on, especially since the ad shows some CRT style filter on Final Fight. Ultimately, m'eh, should really learn to just avoid these things.
                Last edited by Escape-To-88; 18-09-2018, 20:43.
                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

They need to bring back slavery for any developers not adopting Sonic Mania's CRT filters for low resolution releases. Include the sound teams, even. Make an example. Come on, please. Sonic Mania was made by a bunch of amateurs.

I bet it's because these legit devs never spend time emulating stuff, and were never even around back in the CRT days.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                    Just pre-ordered the Jpn Version for the Switch so I can have a physical copy

Neil
                    Neil, where do you recommend picking up the standard PS4 physical release from, online? I’m reluctant to call in a favour from family / friends abroad.

Comment

I realised I hadn't played a couple of these.

Battle Circuit was completely new to me and is bOnKeRs!
                      First level, I'm fighting an alien on a spaceship and all the background henchmen are sat on toilets.

Toilets.

Second level I'm fighting against a disco Elvis.

Elvis.

I really liked Armoured Warriors after working through them all last night.
                      Love the chunky mech design and the ability to upgrade your weapons (that drill was great) and there's a story going on in the background with loads of characters swearing vengeance for something or other.
                      It's a more unique theme for a scrolling beat 'em up, rather than the usual "save the girl from the punks".
                      Quite why Haggar has to cross the city by tube eludes me, when he should just get his driver to go straight to the end-of-game boss tower.
                      The little enemies gives a nice sense of scale too.

What's this infinite combo loop for Guy?
                      I actually find him boring to play in comparison to Haggar, who can suplex, piledriver and spinning clothesline his way across the enemies.

Comment

Quality Chimp, I think Guys speed and nimble feel makes him feel less restrictive in comparison to baggers heavier close combat feel...

I’ve always preferred Cody’s all roundness - plus he gets the girl at the end even if he is double crossed... looking forward in the Fibal Fight universe for Cody, I suppose going to jail is not that great either for ‘getting the girl’.

Stick with Hagger, you get more appearances in future FF games...

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                          Neil, where do you recommend picking up the standard PS4 physical release from, online? I’m reluctant to call in a favour from family / friends abroad.

As much as I really didn't want to use them I went with Nin-Nin-Game

They were the only ones who had it listed

Neil

Comment

Also PS4 version on AMIAMI

Comment

Thanks Neil! Your ledge...

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                                Thanks Neil! Your ledge...

Your welcome buddy

Looks like owning a Switch will kick start my importing again

Comment

Working...
                                X