Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle

Just announced:

Includes Final Fight, Captain Commando, Battle Circuit, Knights of the Round, Warriors of Fate, Armored Warriors, and The King of Dragons.

First time Battle Circuit and Armored Warriors have got a home port and this is the first home release of Warriors of Fate in the west. It got a Saturn and PS1 port many years ago.

Good news is it includes both English and Japanese arcade release so we do get the uncensored and unedited Warriors of Fate and Battle Circuit.

Hopefully this will mean we will see more license titles in the future. Looks like it's being done, by the Japanese office as Warrior of Fate is a Manga license, so hopefully won't be altered liked the Street Fighter Collection.

Next week! Sweet!

Capcom has announced the Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. It will launch digitally on September 18 in North America and Europe, and September 20 in Japan…

"Capcom has announced the Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. It will launch digitally on September 18 in North America and Europe, and September 20 in Japan.

In Japan, the game is known as Capcom Belt Action Collection and will also get a retail release on PlayStation 4 and Switch on December 6. The standard physical edition will cost 3,300 yen, while a Collector’s Box including a copy of the game, arcade version reissue B2-size tapestry set, and an arcade version reissue instructions post card set will cost 5,800 yen

All seven titles will support drop-in local and online multiplayer co-op play, enabling friends to join up together. Players can also experience the Japanese versions of these games, which features different storylines. During breaks from the action, players can explore galleries for each of the seven games and view stunning art, development documents and even pieces previously exclusive to fan club members at the time.

Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam)"

Sad news that there's no Punisher, AvP or Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, but I guess it's licencing reasons.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 14-09-2018, 12:56.

Comment

Sold on this, provided they don't throw a curve-ball with the European pricing. I'm expecting £18.99, will accept as high as maybe £22, but anything more and I'll wait for a sale just on principle.

Comment

I like the idea of more arcade stuff heading to the Switch. The format is the perfect portable arcade. That said I'm very fearful of any input latency. I play Final Fight exclusively with Guy, so any latency at all on his infinite screws the job up.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this too.
          I've probably got them all on my emulator Xbox, but it's such a nice (legal) bundle.

Not sure what format though.
          I only have one One pad, so maybe skip that.
          It'd be cool on the PS4, but Switch might be nice as I can play it with my son and take it away with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Sold on this, provided they don't throw a curve-ball with the European pricing. I'm expecting £18.99, will accept as high as maybe £22, but anything more and I'll wait for a sale just on principle.
            £15.99 on Switch- up for preorder now. Bargain at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
              Sold.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                Damn. That's great. I've got £4.77 of gold points too.

Comment

Waaah!

I couldn't resist!

I can't wait to be a ninja/mayor/Shogun/baby in a mech/mummy/robot/superhero!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    Damn. That's great. I've got £4.77 of gold points too.
                    That's swung it on Switch for me too now I think about it- I've got some points that need using up.

Comment

This looks like a lovely little collection! I'll probably opt for the PS4 or maybe a Swich version?

Comment

So did anyone else get this? I’m downloading it now...

Comment

Got it first thing and had a go on Final Fight and Battle Circuit (which is great!). No one online first thing, which isn't surprising, but... there are no filters whatsoever, no scanlines, nowt. So it doesn't look the best on the big screen. Not terrible by any means, but it could really do with something. Especially as the previous Final Fight package they did had a range of options, which were great. And SF Collection.

What's there, though, is a great collection with loads of archive material and stuff, both the Japanese and English versions of the games and the online, which should be good fun once more people are on it.

Comment

I'm hearing that it looks ugly in 720p/handheld mode.

Comment

Seems odd that there would be no filters given they have had them before.

Comment

Working...
                              X