• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Alberta, Canada - Abandoned Towns

Oceans Falls, British Columbia - Abandoned Town

Bents, Saskatchewan - Abandoned Town

Are these not just Red Dead Redemption 2 screenshots?

Comment

Bonus batch today:

Boomers Park, Fort Lauderdale

Gulliver's Kingdom, Japan

Spreepark, Berlin

Wonderland, China

Ho Thuy Tien, Vietnam

Comment

S'funny, I took my daughter to Drayton Manor as it's open for Christmas weekends.
        Thomas Land is open and a couple of other rides, but I wanted to see if the Sheriffs Showdown was open (amazing minecart lightgun ride), but that whole section was closed and the sun was setting. The crowds were gone and suddenly, it got a bit eerie!
        Not like those frrreeeeeaky deserted parks, but noticeably disconcerting!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 23-11-2021, 14:08.

Comment

I know money is usually the reason why as demolition etc costs a lot but it still amazes me things on such a large scale just get left as is for so many years.

Todays:

Baikonor Cosmodrome, Russia - Abandoned Russian Space Shuttle Facility

Comment

Quite often, these things are a let down, but imagine being an urban explorer, thinking you'll find a vast empty shuttle bay, only to find an actual shuttle in it.

I've seen this before, but it really is a top find.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              I know money is usually the reason why as demolition etc costs a lot but it still amazes me things on such a large scale just get left as is for so many years.

Todays:
              Blue Peter;
              Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
              Yep very interesting, reminds me of the bloke who sneaked into where the Buran's are stored;
              https://www.businessinsider.com/phot...15-6?r=US&IR=T

Comment

Highgate Station, London

Aldwych Station, London

Clapham Deep Level WWII Tunnels, London

The Royal Iris, Woolwich, London

Comment

Aldwych, London

Disused Tunnels at Euston, London

Cincinnati Subway, US

Old Los Angeles Subway, US

Court Street Station, New York

Waldorf Astoria, New York City

Comment

I used to go past Aldwych tube station all the time. It is possible to go on tours but the waiting list is quite long. Probably should have put myself on it since I've been intending to do so at least a decade. It's very interesting how well preserved it is.

Comment

It's regularly used for fliming, everything from bits of crap (a Fast and Furious film) to the music video for Firestarter. Reimagined in Tomb Raider III.

Comment

I didn't know that, interesting.

Comment

The Red Box Graveyard
                          Though these are all set to be refurbished and sold

Comment

Following on from Neon Ignition's Camelot post in the coaster thread, I saw this video recently of Wonderland Eurasia in Turkey.

Unlike a lot of these photos and videos, this park hasn't been ravaged by time as it opened in March 2019 and closed in February 2020!

It had 17 roller coasters, second only to Six Flags Magic Mountain!

A massive theme park in Ankara, Turkey, closed after less than a year of operation, sits abandoned, a symbol of ambition, waste, and political turmoil.

"Wonderland Eurasia, billed as “Europe’s biggest theme park,” opened in Ankara, Turkey, in March 2019. Political turmoil, uneven ride quality, and a lack of attendance caused the massive park to close its doors permanently after less than a year of operation. According to an AFP story, the park’s abandoned dinosaur statues now piled in fields tell a “tale of grand ambition, waste and troubles facing the long-ruling party of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.” The project, built by the Ankara Metropolitan Municipality, cost hundreds of millions of dollars, and featured 17 roller coasters and dozens of other attractions spread over a 320-acre park, which now sits empty."

"The problems started early for "Wonderland Eurasia", meant to be Europe's largest amusement venue and billed by Erdogan as "a symbol of pride" at its opening in Ankara in March 2019.

Two days after the inauguration, a rollercoaster broke down, forcing people to scramble down to safety.

Public restrooms were a mess, some rides stood unfinished, and areas remained off-limits despite a reported $801 million spent on building Turkey's version of Disneyland.

The park closed less than a year after it opened when the operator struggled to pay staff wages and electricity bills since there were not enough customers."

Comment

I'm watching that one later, they always seem to want to have tons of land for expansion but often risk placing them way too out the way as well.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Following on from Neon Ignition's Camelot post in the coaster thread, I saw this video recently of Wonderland Eurasia in Turkey.

Unlike a lot of these photos and videos, this park hasn't been ravaged by time as it opened in March 2019 and closed in February 2020!

It had 17 roller coasters, second only to Six Flags Magic Mountain!

A massive theme park in Ankara, Turkey, closed after less than a year of operation, sits abandoned, a symbol of ambition, waste, and political turmoil.

"Wonderland Eurasia, billed as “Europe’s biggest theme park,” opened in Ankara, Turkey, in March 2019. Political turmoil, uneven ride quality, and a lack of attendance caused the massive park to close its doors permanently after less than a year of operation. According to an AFP story, the park’s abandoned dinosaur statues now piled in fields tell a “tale of grand ambition, waste and troubles facing the long-ruling party of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.” The project, built by the Ankara Metropolitan Municipality, cost hundreds of millions of dollars, and featured 17 roller coasters and dozens of other attractions spread over a 320-acre park, which now sits empty."

"The problems started early for "Wonderland Eurasia", meant to be Europe's largest amusement venue and billed by Erdogan as "a symbol of pride" at its opening in Ankara in March 2019.

Two days after the inauguration, a rollercoaster broke down, forcing people to scramble down to safety.

Public restrooms were a mess, some rides stood unfinished, and areas remained off-limits despite a reported $801 million spent on building Turkey's version of Disneyland.

The park closed less than a year after it opened when the operator struggled to pay staff wages and electricity bills since there were not enough customers."

Wow! And also how very sad :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X