No announcement yet.

Bitmap Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it’s as good as NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY then count me in for a copy.

Comment

I’m sure the quality will be comparable with the first book. I wonder if they’ll go down the same route again offering different versions with extras and slipcases?

Considering how well both companies seem to be getting on, I would expect a Samurai Spirits book next…

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
        Considering how well both companies seem to be getting on, I would expect a Samurai Spirits book next…
        Oh, it's a comin' - just from Pix'n Love rather than Bitmap.

Founded in 2007, Pix'n Love is the first publishing house in the world specialized in video game books. It also publishes physical video games under its label Pix'n Love Games.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that the other day. But it’s more of an artbook than an Ultimate History though, isn’t it?

Comment

Just pre-ordered a Fully Loaded Edition... get in quick if you want one of those as they’re only printing 1000.

Bitmap Books' publication Metal Slug: The Ultimate History looks at the SNK run 'n' gun series' Metal Slug, sharing it's history, influence, and famed artwork.

Comment

Ooh, yes please, ordered!

Comment

Got one as well of the fully loaded. Nice one!

Comment

Ok no problem, don't need a fancy edition, let's just get the sta...

The Fully Loaded Edition features the book housed within a battery operated slipcase that plays in-game sound effects, such as ‘HEAVY MACHINE GUN’ and ‘FLAME SHOT’ when the fascia buttons are pressed
                  That'll be me down for a Fully Loaded Edition, then.

Comment

Ha! I did the same. "Right, I only NEED the standard one. What's that, I can irritate the life out of my wife with the deluxe one? I'm in!".

Comment

HEAVY MACHINE GUN!

CHASER!

FLAAAME SHOT!

Honestly the voice samples in Metal Slug are great.

I do want this book, but how good is the actual writing in the Bitmap Books? I’ve found before with this kind of stuff that the visual design is brilliant, but the writing quite amateurish.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

I do want this book, but how good is the actual writing in the Bitmap Books? I’ve found before with this kind of stuff that the visual design is brilliant, but the writing quite amateurish.
                        As somebody who has a couple of Bitmap Books products, I find the writing isn’t exactly cutting-edge journalism but it is as good and as informative as it needs to be, bearing in mind that the majority of people purchasing will already know pretty much everything there is to regarding the subject matter.

Stating the obvious here, but nobody is buying coffee table-sized books like this for the writing. The visual design is precisely the point.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 09-08-2019, 09:30.

Comment

At least this book will have the interviews to read as well as the glorious art to enjoy.

I’ve ordered the standard version.

Comment

Received my Metal Slug book the other day. Haven't had time to sit down with it yet as it's been a full on few days, but I did open it up and press all the buttons on the cover for a solid five minutes.

On the whole it looks lovely from the few pages I skimmed through though.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              Received my Metal Slug book the other day. Haven't had time to sit down with it yet as it's been a full on few days, but I did open it up and press all the buttons on the cover for a solid five minutes.

On the whole it looks lovely from the few pages I skimmed through though.
                              Desperate to find the push button edition. I was too late ordering

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                                Desperate to find the push button edition. I was too late ordering
                                I looked for that a month back and was already sold out!

There will be some with wildly inflated prices appearing on Ebay soon

Comment

Working...
                                X