Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randombs View Post
    What for?

People like us would mod it, others would be happy with the 20 games.

Any more than the bare minimum they appear to have put into this would be money down the drain.

Most of us complaining about it wouldn’t have bought it anyway when push came to shove, or we would have bought it to mod and improve.
    The huge discounts in less than a month suggest that very few people were happy with it. Money down the drain is unsold units sitting in warehouses gathering dust, which probably wouldn't have happened had Sony actually given a damn and put a bit more effort making it a more appealing product.

The only positive to come out of this is the scalper schadenfreude.
    Last edited by MartyG; 02-01-2019, 16:09.

Comment

None of you are wrong, but I’m happy now I’ve loaded it with all my NTSC games, all in one place, looking good with minimal fuss. Well worth £42

Comment

There is a lot of talk about how poor the emulation is, but just how bad is it? Are we talking a complete unplayable mess, or some manageable frame drops?

Comment

It’s guff on the standard games, a really old version iirc. Bleemsync uses a newer version of Retroarch, and is a lot better- and give you a lot more control.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
            None of you are wrong, but I’m happy now I’ve loaded it with all my NTSC games, all in one place, looking good with minimal fuss. Well worth £42
            If you're happy that's all that matters mate. Are you using the built in emulator or one of the retroarch cores?

-edit-
            Looks like you already answered above heh.

Comment

Just been bought one of these for just a hair under £40 thanks to a desperate amazon market place seller lol. The hacking scene is moving along at a lightning pace so i thought it's time to jump in & mess about. Mum very kindly offered to get me one as she knows i love messing around with stuff.

The hard part is finding games for it, online a lot of the resources have dried up or are very dodgy malware filled places. Thankfully emuparadise still has everything even if they removed all the links to everything thanks to nintendo going ballistic at them, there's a bit of code you can install in chrome however to get access to their servers it adds in links to download still lol, to save time i got most of my disk games in iso form now but i have a couple of games that i can't find on there so i'm going to have to work out how to rip my original disks into iso versions myself. It will be a fun side project i can have on the back burner in between gaming, time to delve deep into the ps1 japanese library & see what i missed.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                Just been bought one of these for just a hair under £40 thanks to a desperate amazon market place seller lol. The hacking scene is moving along at a lightning pace so i thought it's time to jump in & mess about. Mum very kindly offered to get me one as she knows i love messing around with stuff.

The hard part is finding games for it, online a lot of the resources have dried up or are very dodgy malware filled places. Thankfully emuparadise still has everything even if they removed all the links to everything thanks to nintendo going ballistic at them, there's a bit of code you can install in chrome however to get access to their servers it adds in links to download still lol, to save time i got most of my disk games in iso form now but i have a couple of games that i can't find on there so i'm going to have to work out how to rip my original disks into iso versions myself. It will be a fun side project i can have on the back burner in between gaming, time to delve deep into the ps1 japanese library & see what i missed.
                What's the extension called?

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                  I'm pretty sure it'll breach the forum rules if i post the link i'll pm you.
                  Last edited by importaku; 13-01-2019, 16:58.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                    Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    I'm pretty sure it'll breach the forum rules if i post the link i'll pm you.
                    Can I get in on that PM as well please? Thanks!

Comment

me too

Can't see how it breaches the rules these days though,what with all the pi and hacking talk over the last year!

Comment

I’m surprised you three are even asking. I just googled ‘emuparadise chrome extension’ and I’m not even interested in it.

Comment

Emuparadise workaround in google will take you to the reddit thread as the first search result. People use at their own risk, just don’t want to post direct links, while it doesn’t take you to emuparadises webpage it does contain info to acces the files that the links have been disabled on. End of the day rom stuff is still dodgy

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            I’m surprised you three are even asking. I just googled ‘emuparadise chrome extension’ and I’m not even interested in it.
                            Only 'cos I largely couldn't be arsed to Google it myself, tbh.

Just good to know, I guess.

Comment

No direct links, please.

There's a still a difference between talking about ROMs and linking to them.

Thanks, gang.

Comment

Arrived today, played the thing stock to see how bad it is, the game selection truly is dire. Hacked it using the beta version of the hack but it's still pretty rough but the games seem to run ok but music based rhythm games are a total nono, only tried via retroarch and not the built in emulator but playing bust a groove the input latency is too bad there's no way to play without tweaking somewhere to change the timing im hoping there is a way to change this. Parappa would be impossible to play on this thing as would vib ribbon unjammer lammy and all the bemani konami music games.

However saying that you can plug a ps4 dualshock pad in and the sticks work so i managed to play ore no ryouri, i haven't messed about too much as i might as well wait for the properly finished 1.0 version of the hack coming very soon as that will have a hell of a lot of features compared to this pre release. Spent the afternoon ripping some of my ps1 disks into bin & cue files in anticipation now have copies of yakiniku bugyou & mr domino as i could not find pre done files of these online. Well theres the usa version of mr domino but i wanted the uncensored japanese version. Seems to be very picky what usb flash drives it accepts one of mine it will not work with tried another and it works flawlessly. Am going to have to buy another drive as the one it works with is tiny and can barely hold anything.

If the hacking scene can get all the problems worked out it might actually be pretty nifty.
                                Last edited by importaku; 15-01-2019, 14:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X