No announcement yet.

Playstation Classic announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if they just picked an early PS1 model to base this one on? AV ports would be a bit much but otherwise it would be pretty faithful.

Comment

It'll be weird playing games that work straight away.

No downloads, no patches, no day one corrections to make them playable. Amazing!

Comment

Yeah but there's 20 games and only 15 blocks on a memory card, you're going to have to pick carefully which ones you want to play.

Comment

The memory cards are most likely emulated so block size won’t be a concern. Unless it’s hacked and then it could be a problem depending on how much memory it has for everything. Wondering if it will have save states as well? So much still unknown at this point.

Comment

... it's early on a weekend, so I'll let this one slide bud

Comment

Wipeout
              Gran Turismo 2
              Parappa the Rapper
              Metal Gear Solid
              Cool Boarders
              Resident Evil... 2, I would assume

All what I would consider very popular defining games that I would expect to realistically see on there...

They could even go so far as to team up with Square Enix for an RPG special version at some point in the future, maybe.

Comment

They should have let me do it for them, have a importakus quirky games edition. They could showcase the games that got ignored however still fun as hell.

They should replace tekken with rival schools I rarely buy fighters if ever but I really enjoyed that one, shame the uk version was gimped.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                  Wipeout
                  Gran Turismo 2
                  Parappa the Rapper
                  Metal Gear Solid
                  Cool Boarders
                  Resident Evil... 2, I would assume

All what I would consider very popular defining games that I would expect to realistically see on there...

They could even go so far as to team up with Square Enix for an RPG special version at some point in the future, maybe.
                  Im quite looking forward to the PSOne Mini but have a feeling some games will have license issues hence why not shown in trailer especially Gran Turismo 2. Fingers crossed for Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 1, 2, 3,Dino Crisis or Vagrant Story. Ff8 would also be nice. R4 will be nice to play quickly faster than getting out the Japanese PS2 and my PSOne copy .
                  Last edited by JU!; 22-09-2018, 20:34.

Comment

Interested to see if Legacy of Dragoon makes it. It was Sony first-party, but has never been released on PSN in Europe for no amply explained reason.

Comment

Some interesting rumours going around, apparently the reason sony hasn't divulged all the games is because each region is supposedly getting a tailored selection. It would explain why they have weirdly kept quiet when others like nintendo pretty much just spilled the entire games list from the very second they announced.

Seems the words finally out on this thing as now unavailable on amazon uk, scalpers gonna have a fun time. Still no sign of a preorder for the japanese one yet cant find anything on amazon jp.

Comment

My guess for line up some is that its gonna include some real classics i mean who could forget, South Park: Chef’s Love Shack, V Soccer Ronaldo or Hooters road trip. I know for a fact that if it doesn't have Mary-Kate & Ashley: Magical Mystery Mall or the spice girls game there will be riots. and there's gonna be at least one Army Man game as there where thousands of them.

to be serious i still think they have gone to far into its life RR type four? id rather see ridge racer revolution, and it would be good to see some interesting titles like Vib Ribbon on their but i doubt we will see stuff like that.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 24-09-2018, 14:39.

Comment

uk one gonna definitely have fifa & spice girls in it if they are tailoring to regions.

Comment

On further reflection:

-I think even without a Konami rerelease, Symphony may be out the running as it's had a big impact for fans but for the vast bulk of PS1 era gamers the game wasn't much of a blip

-Resident Evil will be on there but I go all in on it being the original, REmake 2 and the potential for a third will kill those games chances

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              It makes me wonder why that “cover” is present. After all, that was only featured on SCPH-100X-SCPH-500X units. It seems like they’ve gone to the trouble of including that for no real reason. Perhaps that reason is because it houses an Ethernet connection and games can be added via a storefront. Now that would be something special indeed.

It looks like it can be removed.
                              They're naming it SCPH-1000R and it is shipping with digital pads, I assume that's why.

Comment

If they did Ridge Racer I wonder if they'd use the HiSpec version?

Comment

Working...
                                X