Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playstation Classic announced

December 3rd, £89.99 / €99.99

Today, we are excited to announce that we are bringing back the original PlayStation experience in a new miniaturized version – PlayStation Classic! The console will come pre-loaded with 20 classic titles, including fan-favorites such as Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms.
    Video output: 720p, 480p
    Audio output: Linear PCM
    DC 5V / 1.0 A power supply
    149x33x105 mm (width x height x depth)
    Weight: 170g (controller 140g)

Edit October 29:

Full line up (US/EU) announced

Battle Arena Toshinden
    Cool Boarders 2
    Destruction Derby
    Final Fantasy VII
    Grand Theft Auto
    Intelligent Qube
    Jumping Flash
    Metal Gear Solid
    Mr Driller
    Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
    Rayman
    Resident Evil Director’s Cut
    Revelations: Persona
    Ridge Racer Type 4
    Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
    Syphon Filter
    Tekken 3
    Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
    Twisted Metal
    Wild Arms
    Last edited by MoFo2; 29-10-2018, 12:12.

If it has WO2097 I’m in. It likely won’t though. Already, FFVII, RR4 and Tekken 3 make for a strong lineup so I’m interested to see what else makes it on. In a terrible twist to the story, Nintendo’s awful lack of accounts and continuity of purchases across systems made the SNES Mini a better proposition because most games they could have on this PS Classic that I want I already own on PSN. So in this case, where Sony have done much better, I’m less inclined to go for this but I’ll keep an eye on the games list.

Comment

That looks adorable.

Comment

I find the lack of original Ridge Racer disturbing.

But yeah, looks great. I just hope Symphony of the Night and MGS is on there.

Comment

Meh, it's nice as each mini-retro console is, but the PS1 controllers not being Dual Shocks immediately weakens my interest levels and we can rule Ape Escape out straight away

What's the limit with these things? We're now up to 32 bit, I'm assuming that this will have to be one off for Sony?

Comment

This will be huge, good luck getting one for Xmas. If it gets hacked there are a billion old ps1 games I love to add.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              Meh, it's nice as each mini-retro console is, but the PS1 controllers not being Dual Shocks immediately weakens my interest levels and we can rule Ape Escape out straight away

What's the limit with these things? We're now up to 32 bit, I'm assuming that this will have to be one off for Sony?
              Agreed, would MUCH rather have one controller with sticks than two without.

Anyway, this needs MGS, Resident Evil (1), Symphony of the Night (which is apparantly coming to PS4 in a bundle with Rondo of Blood). Really looking forward to future game announcements. If it turns out to be hackable I’ll get it for sure. Need to play Lunar again!

Comment

Wow, interesting!

Can't wait to see that full games list.

I wonder what it's running off?

Comment

Yeah, need to see the full games list, and it's a shame the controllers aren't dual-shocks.

That being said I won't be going for this one, even though I love the idea. I have a PS3, which will run PS1 games in HDMI already, and apart from the few gems, PS1 games are inexpensive.

Comment

PS1 is a tricky gen to go back to.
                    It's so crude to look at now, I think I'd struggle.
                    I do like a few gems on there like Ghost in the Shell, MGS and whatnot, but I'm not desperate to go back.

I also have phat PS3 and, thinking back, I only emulate PS2 stuff like Gradius V and Burnout 2.

Comment

Maybe SOTN won't make the cut? >>> Castlevania Requiem: SOTN & Rondo of Blood rated in Korea (PS4)

I would poo me pants for that.

Comment

Don't poo your pants, dude.

Comment

I have a real soft spot for the original controllers ... they tick the nostalgia box for me. Original Ridge would have been nice to rekindle those launch period feelings, and because it's completely ace, but I'll be all over one of these regardless. Loving this announcement.

Comment

Twisted Metal: World Tour? Soul Edge Maybe?

There's apparently already speculation neither GT will make it due to licensing costs

Comment

Got an email about this. Interested, although a real shame they couldn't have just announced a full game list. Also would be nice if the USB ports allow DS3/4's etc to be plugged in.

Comment

Working...
                              X