Playstation Classic announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
    Looks like the controllers are USB in a PS-shaped connector housing. Although it is very, very strange they didn’t include DualShocks as that’s the controller most people are going to remember... it’s only really old gits that remember these or the original non-rumble analog pads.
    Probably waiting for Nintendo to do a N64 Mini first.

Comment

I really don't need this.

But I'll probably buy it.

Comment

Someone slightly challenged MSs tweet about this and MS came out with a revelatory comment that is sure to blow your minds...

Did you know that games you already own are... wait for it... free to play? Yup! Apparently you can just pop them in the drive and play them without having to buy it again. Just grab it off the shelf. Mind. Blown.

Comment

Yeah, my whole house is full of free stuff.

Comment

I thought this was fantastic... Until I realised that 95% of my liking the PS1 was for the mass of weird crap released exclusively in Japan.

Of that list I only like Jumping Flash (still fantastic and unlike anything else, apart from its prequel and 2 sequels) and Wild Arms. The rest is tosh. Ridge Racer was also garbage. Jesus. Three tracks? Three cars? FFS, Mario Kart 64 had like 12 cars and 32 tracks. Or something.

I hope Europe gets European versions of games for that lovely 50hz PAL experience.

I would like to remind everyone, that the PS1 was unusual in that Hz and borders were hard coded into the games - it was not hardware based like most other consoles. Hence why you cannot simply add a Hz switch when modding.

Sure, the SNES mini used US ROMs, but I would chuckle if Sony uses Euro ISOs, which are forced into having borders.

Comment

Didn't people only buy Ridge Racer Type 4 for the intro?

Comment

I wonder if the high resolution version of Ridge Racer that came with 4 is included?

Comment

Thats an interesting point, i never thought if japan is getting this. Wonder if they are & if the games lists will be the same for all regions.

(edit)
                  Quick search has answered with yes, seems the games are the same well the ones they have mentioned so far. Can't see a preorder on amazon Japan for it yet though. Box is nice though.
                  Last edited by importaku; 19-09-2018, 20:32.

Comment

Funny thing is, it doesn’t seem that much smaller than the PSone...

I suppose it’s about 3/4 the size of the PSone, which in itself was an incredible bit of shrinkage at the time. Still the nicest looking Sony redesign.
                    Last edited by _SD_; 19-09-2018, 21:22.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Thats an interesting point, i never thought if japan is getting this. Wonder if they are & if the games lists will be the same for all regions.

(edit)
                      Quick search has answered with yes, seems the games are the same well the ones they have mentioned so far. Can't see a preorder on amazon Japan for it yet though. Box is nice though.
                      You're so buying that Japanese one!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        You're so buying that Japanese one!
                        Maybe, i need to see that games list for all regions. I have a uk one preordered just in case as i have no idea if things will go crazy the nearer xmas it gets and supply potentually dries up. But if the games selection is better for Japan i'll ditch my uk peorder and try to get hold of one from there but if it's going to be the same i'll just keep my uk order.

Just the biggest things now are if the games built in are enough to satisfy me as there's no guarantee that it can be hacked let alone have free space to add additional games so it's kind of unfair to buy it only for the possible chance it maybe been hacked. Kind of been spoiled with Nintendos versions in that respect as they allowed me to customize them into pretty much perfect games lists for me. It would be wonderful to have a mini ps1 that i could do the same thing to as the addition HDMI would go a long way into making it look a lot nicer. As old as the PS1 is the picture still looks pretty nice i think, even 3D stuff i don't mind. Sure it's low poly & jaggy but for some reason it doesn't bother me from the games in my collection i don't have any that look too brutal. If they get scanlines on it the picture will look pretty nice as thats how i currently have my psone machine running, via the framemeister.

The reaction online from various sites has been a bit baffling people are really salty that Sony has made this as they are complaining that they should just release the games on ps4 instead.Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it but the fact it exists is upsetting them lol. People should get a grip, it's a nice little thing to celebrate the legacy of the PS1.

Comment

Hopefully it'll have the boot animation, too.

PS2/3 does the second bit(red PS logo) but not the first bit.

The reaction online from various sites has been a bit baffling people are really salty that Sony has made this as they are complaining that they should just release the games on ps4 instead.Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it but the fact it exists is upsetting them lol. People should get a grip, it's a nice little thing to celebrate the legacy of the PS1.
                          If that's the reason these games aren't on PS4 then I think it's a pretty good one to be upset about. Assuming those people would have bought the games on PS4 and aren't just moaning for the sake of it, of course!

Comment

We damn well know that the people moaning would have not bought them anyway it's the typical moaners of the net. Same as the oh no it doesn't have a usb power brick, that's it preorder cancelled lot.

Just seen the back of the console, hmmm just exactly what is under that expansion port cover?? it certainly looks like it isn't just a moulded feature. Maybe a card slot?
                            Last edited by importaku; 20-09-2018, 02:17.

Comment

people should get a grip, it's a nice little thing to celebrate the legacy of the PS1.
                              Yeah, Sony are doing this for the nostalgia and definitely not for the money after seeing the success of the NES/SNES Mini

Comment

Why not both? They obviously saw that mini consoles are a big seller and decided that it might be a fun way for people to replay some PS1 classic games, it's not obscenely priced and it comes with 2 pads in the box & has roughly the same volume of games as the snes mini i'm failing to see just what's so bad about them making one. It's not like they are pumping these things out every other week for celebrating the PS1 in fact i can't think of any major celebration of the PS1 anniversairy apart from that limited edition ps4 they did.

Seems like people are flailing to find reasons to hate it, this morning in another thread already read someone post that they can't see the point of it as they are games people have played before lol. Just waiting for someone to complain that it's grey. Why u do dis Sony whyyy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X