No announcement yet.

Playstation Classic announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only game that matters to me is Puzzle fighter 2 Turbo.

Worth the price of entry alone

Anything else is a wonky and badly emulated bonus. I might care a little but all my mates who don't care about the things we do are clamoring to play it.

Comment

Apparently now hacked: https://wccftech.com/playstation-classic-hacked/

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        You can't polish a piece of ****!

Comment

Wonder if they can replace the underlying emulation software with something decent.

Comment

As much as I have come to find (modern) Nintendo irrelevant to my gaming life, at least they've done an impressive job of their mini's. Everyone else's efforts have been an utter joke.

Comment

Currently 96 reviews on amazon japan with the current average of 2 and a half stars. It's getting slated & rightly so. Seems it has horrible input lag too, not even it's japanese game selection was enough to save it.

Comment

How to put whatever game you want on the Playstation Classic through a USB thumb drive

Comment

It cracks me up to see how the guy making that video sees himself as a cartoon and how he actually looks. Creepy bastard.

Comment

You know he likes old video games because he is wearing a Power Glove. Would have no idea otherwise!

Comment

He doesn’t appear to be wearing it, given the position of his shoulder. It is more floating in front of him.

Comment

£69.99 at Simply Games, if anyone cares

Comment

LOLZAZOID!

ahh it's such a shame Sony didn't put any care into this. The console that had such a massive impact. Wallys.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            As much as I have come to find (modern) Nintendo irrelevant to my gaming life, at least they've done an impressive job of their mini's. Everyone else's efforts have been an utter joke.
                            Yeah, it's crazy that such a big tech company as Sony, creators of all sorts of top quality consoles, handhelds, PSVR etc.. couldn't get a simple mini console right.

The company should have employed some skilled people to get the PlayStation emulation rock solid -- and then spent enough money to secure loads of classic games that covered all bases adequately. It should have been a truly great mini console that really shows off how special the PS1 was and how lots of its games are still fun to play.

Instead, we got bad emulation, dodgy presentation and a lack of options, a sketchy collection of games, and an overall vibe that Sony didn't put much care and attention into the product.

It leaves you looking at Sony and thinking...
                            Last edited by Leon Retro; 24-12-2018, 05:55.

Comment

I read somewhere that a modded SNES mini emulates ps1 games better than the PlayStation mini.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                I read somewhere that a modded SNES mini emulates ps1 games better than the PlayStation mini.
                                It would appear to be true. Digital Foundry, amongst many others, recently confirmed this via their DF Retro strand. Which means that the NES Classic Mini also emulates PS1 better than the PS Classic given that it is pretty much the same tech as the SNES Classic Mini.

Sony have really sh1t the bed with this product.

Comment

Working...
                                X