Dragon Quest I - Super Famicom or iOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon Quest I - Super Famicom or iOS?

I've never played this before. I know there is a version with a translation on the Super Famicom but, has anyone tried the iOS version?

I've played through and beat the Android/iOS version which is a port of the SNES remake I believe. It's very good, just enlarge the dpad and it plays/controls fine. I actually played through and beat the entire game via my commutes to and from work so if you want something to play while you travel I'd say go for that version. Otherwise maybe play it on the SNES instead.

Comment

Dragon quest 1 is super primative it’s really not that much fun to play in this day & age, I barely got a few hours in before I got bored to tears. It’s very Grindy too, you are better off playing one of the later ones on the super fami.

Comment

The SNES version and ports based off it all reduce the grind massively. It is very basic compared to later entries but I had fun with it personally.

YMMV of course.

Comment

Ah that might explain it then as i was playing the famicom mini version which has no useful tweaks.

Comment

Yeah the NES version is pretty brutal with the grinding and the Famicom release is even more basic (the NES release actually had a few quality of life improvements coming out so much later).

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Ill start with DQ1 on the SFAM. iOS looks Ok but the vertical orientation puts me off.

Comment

I saw this guide recently - https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5866...-1-main-titles - given it seems to focus on officially translated versions, it suggests the GB version of 1 as an alternative to the mobile version, but it does seem to also echo that 1 isn't one of the stronger entries in the series. Useful for some of the others, though!

Comment

Working...
                X