Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footage of Dave efficiently catching the bat:

Comment

I love bats and watching their silhouettes darting around at dusk. Good on you for rescuing it.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
        Bordersdown: come for the games, stay for the bat anus chat.
        I laughed out loud at that.
        This whole thread is full of win.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Would being bitten turn you into Batman? Or the much more lame Manbat?
          Sheldon: I have a question about Batman. Batman is a man who dresses up like a bat. Man-bat is a part man, part bat hybrid. Now, if Man-Bat dressed up as a man to fight crime, would he be Man-Batman?

Leonard: No, he’d be Bat-Man-Bat.

Raj: But wouldn’t Man-Batman just be a Batman that was bitten by a radioactive man?

Howard: But Batman is a man. You’re talking about a man who would have the powers of a man. That’s just Man-Man.

Sheldon: Well, isn’t Man-Man just Man?

Leonard: But what if Man-Man dressed as a bat?

Raj: Well, that’s just Batman.

Leonard: No, if a man dresses as a bat, that’s Batman, but if Man-Man dresses as a bat, that’s Batman-Man.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Love bat's myself, we had some living in the attic growing up.

Neighbour's cat caught one once and we saved it, taking it to a neighbour's garden which backed into some woods where we released it after it had rested for the day.

Comment

They're an incredibly protected species. Killing or injuring them, and even disturbing, obstructing or destroying their roosts is illegal, even if the roost is on your property.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                obstructing or destroying their roosts is illegal, even if the roost is on your property.
                That's bat**** crazy!

Comment

Bad as that was, I laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                    That's bat**** crazy!
                    And out their mouths!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      And out their mouths!
                      I was told that by a friend and believed it. They do hang upside down so it made sense at the time...

Comment

Although I'd not heard the mouth thing, it makes sense.

I assumed their bat arses stick out so they don't splash themselves, but they go upright for just a few seconds and then hang upside down again.

BONUS: bat poop is considered valuable, since it is a very effective fertilizer.

Until last year, I didn't know if eggs came out of a chicken's fanny or bum and had to Google it.

Without looking, do people know the answer?!

Comment

Well they come out of the same hole as the excrement but they can never come into contact. My ex now has chickens, she explained it to me once. It’s a bit odd but very clever I suppose.

Comment

I knew it was the rear end without checking. But then why do the eggs sometimes have dirt on them if they can't mix?

Also this has bothered me ever since Seinfeld when George's dad used to go ballistic over it... Do the roosters mate with all the hens even ones they're related to? Something's going on to upset Mr Constanza that much. Also I recently read that due to the poultry industry male chicks are basically shredded or something. That's quite vicious I hope it isn't true.
                            Last edited by monel; 21-09-2018, 23:55.

Comment

#BatLivesMatter

Comment

Working...
                              X