Just rescued an injured bat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just rescued an injured bat.

Luckily there's a bat sanctuary 25 mins away.

Did it bite you? Have you got superpowers now? Are you Batman? His superpower is being born rich. Were you born rich?

Comment

Doesn't look like a Daubenton's bat, so you probably don't have rabies.

Comment

Is it true that their waste comes out of their mouth?

Comment

No, it's a myth due to the way they eat, they have a gastrointestinal tract and an anus at the end of it like other mammals.

They don't fly into people's hair on purpose either as they're not blind.
          Last edited by MartyG; 19-09-2018, 21:35.

Comment

That was a very decent thing to do. I hope it gets better soon.

Comment

Bordersdown: come for the games, stay for the bat anus chat.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                No, it's a myth due to the way they eat, they have a gastrointestinal tract and an anus at the end of it like other mammals.

They don't fly into people's hair on purpose either as they're not blind.
                Thanks for explaining that. Is it true that they always exit caves in one direction?

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                  Thanks for explaining that. Is it true that they always exit caves in one direction?
                  So, One Direction are like bat-controlled robo-humans!?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    So, One Direction are like bat-controlled robo-humans!?
                    I knew something like that was coming as soon as I typed one direction. This quote from a quick Google search will clear things up but I had read it before seeing it online I'm sure.

Well, we can confirm that it is a common myth on the internet that bats turn left when leaving a cave. It has been observed that they have no preference and will turn right or fly directly ahead as often as they turn left.
                    End quote

I think bats are amazing but I do find them quite gross. I don't like it when people call pigeons vermin but bats definitely look like rats with wings. Also I regret buying Mindwipe the Transformer. Whenever I went to buy a Transformer the best ones were sold out and I made some bad decisions. Also the early G1 ones were never in stock, ever.
                    Last edited by monel; 20-09-2018, 00:41.

Comment

You should definitely fight crime now.

Comment

Bite it's 'ead orf! </guitar squeals stage left>

Comment

Would being bitten turn you into Batman? Or the much more lame Manbat?

We were sat out in the garden a coupe of weeks ago and suddenly noticed bats flying around so we have a slight risk of one getting in. Was this one carrying out a recon mission...?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            Would being bitten turn you into Batman? Or the much more lame Manbat?
                            At least Manbat has something interesting going on beyond being born rich. Batman is basically the Kardashians of comics.

Comment

Commissioner Gordon: "Batman, Harvey Dent is threatening to blow up the Gotham Orchestral Hall if we don't release Ivy into his custody"
                              *Batman remains silent as he checks his mobile*
                              Commissioner Gordon: "Batman, did you hear me? There are hundreds of civilians inside!"
                              *Batman snaps a kitten selfie of self and posts in on GothamNet #Battykins*

Comment

Working...
                              X