Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official retro-bit AES reproductions

Well, it’s finally happened...

SNK CORPORATION (Corporate HQ: Suita-city, Osaka, Japan, Company President:Koichi Toyama) is proud to announce the upcoming re-release of a limited selection of SNK NEOGEO Advanced Entertainment System (AES) game cartridges starting in early 2019. We have partnered with Retro-Bit, an industry leader in game cartridge re-releases and console accessories, to help us with manufacturing and distribution. We expect to release 6 different games by mid summer 2019 starting with the first release of 'Garou: Mark of the Wolves' on January 15th. More will be announced at a later date.

Pre-orders will begin starting October 1st via the Retro-Bit website http://retro-bit.com

All six games will be priced at US $199.

Strangley though, the press-release has disappeared from SNK’s website and there’s no mention on the retro-bit site either....
    Last edited by _SD_; 19-09-2018, 20:52.

Wow, this is HUGE news. Wonder if prices for the older SNK released carts will face a hit.

Edit: Probably they announced this a bit early and will post it again at a later date.

Comment

No Chinese knock offs are more satisfying than officially approved Chinese knock offs though, right?

(Or maybe they're getting the French and Spanish to make them, christ knows they've had enough practice)

Comment

I’m hoping for English Power Spikes II carts for the

Wonder what the six games will be, well.... five and Garou. I reckon Metal Slug and possibly BTG/Turf Masters. Maybe a shooter like Blazing Star? I think that releasing V Special on cart would annoy a few people, yeah it’s on PSN, but an actual AES cart
        Last edited by _SD_; 19-09-2018, 21:39.

Comment

I dont think these will hit prices of the £££ carts, collectors will see this as a sub set. Cool move though.

Comment

That logo on the top right of the sleeve makes it come across as the 4-front Video of the Neo Geo catalogue.

Comment

So it would appear this was a fake rumor, but now the idea is out there....

Comment

Bootleggers across europe breathe easy your scummy income hasn't been thwarted.

Comment

Working...
                X