Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan

Didn't see a thread already.

Just binged the first season on a flight home to Aus. Wow best TV I've seen in a long time. I thought it was so well written and the whole cast put in fantastic performances. I really liked the portrayal of the human sides of the antagonists. Ali Suliman as the bad guy was bloody fantastic as was Haz Slieman who played his little bro. Special shout out to that Wendell Pierce from the Wire as well.

I haven't read any Tom Clancy books so I don't know if it sticks to form for Jack by I quite like this version.

I watched on my xz premuim so native 4k hdr and WOW the picture quality was amazing.

I cannot wait for season 2.

What did you peeps think?

First review I've seen, but I'm always suspicious when something is as heavily promoted as this has been!

I presumed it was episodic week-by-week, rather than having the whole series, so I'll try the first episode with the missus after Bodyguard finishes at the weekend.

Comment

I'm having to wait to see it as we started but 20mins in the missus ruled it out straight away saying she had no time for watching 'another US show that's the same old b-----ks'

So, when I get time it'll be yet another to go on my phone for break times

Comment

It's certainly not perfect, the side story with the drone pilot beggars belief, but for me the negatives are vastly outweighed by the positives.

Comment

Might give it a go; I've liked some of the incarnations of Jack Ryan - though I assume this is much better than that terrible Chris Pine Shadow Recruit movie? I couldn't even get through that. Garbage.

Comment

Woah Ding Chavez finally . Loved season 3 after a lacklustre season 2.

Mike November back (damn Michael Kelly really nailed this character no wonder they bought him back)

Cannot wait for June 30

A pity this is the last season

Bring on Rainbow Six

Comment

It actually helps knowing there's a final 4th season on the way.
              I'm happier to invest my time in something with a complete story, rather than the current trend of axing after one season.

I've watched the first episode and liked it, so I'll try and see some more.

Comment

Sadly the last series was a bit of a disappointment. The storyline just wasn't very compelling and was full of contrivance and certainly not logical. eg the CIA has 20 odd THOUSAND peeps and yet the Director AND Deputy Director are doing grunt work? We see senior members doing **** alone that they would have entire SOG and analyst teams to do for them (eg look at beginning of S1 the team that Jack was in, there would be hundreds of these).

I quite liked Pena as Ding Chavez and Michael Kelly as Mike November is great. Some of the action was good and I'm glad this was only 6 episodes as I was already bored after 3 episodes.

Fingers crossed the Rainbow Six series (if going ahead) will be good.

Comment

Working...
                X