Last gamer - come back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Spotted that a few times but I can’t tell if he genuinely has no idea or he buys that much stuff that he forgets what it is because of sheer volume Either way I’m more impressed when YouTube people genuinely know their stuff which is why jimmy happa gets my views.
    He doesn’t buy everything directly.
    He has lists of things he wants and people who he knows well, who will buy things for him on their travels.
    If it’s on the list then they buy it for him and send it over.
    So he doesn’t know exactly what he will be getting when some packages turn up.

Comment

So he just makes lists of stuff he wants and throws money to get it all? I would have thought tracking it down yourself would be a lot more rewarding, so you’d appreciate it more. Better hope he doesn’t have another heart attack as his poor wife is gonna have a nightmare trying to clear all that stuff out.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        So he just makes lists of stuff he wants and throws money to get it all? I would have thought tracking it down yourself would be a lot more rewarding, so you’d appreciate it more. Better hope he doesn’t have another heart attack as his poor wife is gonna have a nightmare trying to clear all that stuff out.
        (Cue sharp exhalation) - "I'll take this Metal Slug set for $500 love."

Makes you wonder if he's left a price list for his wife/kids for the inevitable day.

Any of you guys do that? I'd be too afraid of letting my wife know what some of my games are worth She'll always say "why don't you sell it?" - actually had this a lot over the years.

I usually respond with: "Why don't you sell your hand bag? Or ipad? Or snazzy smart phone?"

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
          Vulgar show-off moron... would have thought he’d taken the time to reflect on life and its real priorities after his heart attack, guess not.
          Yup. Came across as an arse.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
            Vulgar show-off moron... would have thought he’d taken the time to reflect on life and its real priorities after his heart attack, guess not.
            Hmm, used to think that, but the more I watched of his vids, he seems a really genuine guy, never coming across as arrogant or smug. He clearly has more money than Tesco, but I suppose we need to ask ourself what we would do with that kind of cash. I know my setup would be a fair bit bigger......

Comment

The above vid is the only one I've seen. Was okay as a once off but the more it goes on the weaker it gets.

Trouble is, I don't doubt his interest in gaming but he must have limited time to play as it isn't feasibly possible for him to raise a family, research and buy the stuff, set it up, work to get the money to buy it and everything else life requires and play the stuff. Something is suffering and other than potentially his health, it has to be his family. It just starts to get a little depressing.

That and it's not an impressive collection. There's some good stuff in there but it strays quickly over the line of collecting and goes deep into straight up hoarding. He owns a lot of s--- and I don't mean the slang. I've never understood the appeal of wanting to own the worst of a platforms line up. He could sell off massive waves of stuff and the collection would take less room and be more impressive for it.

Comment

Not everyone collects just to play though, completing a set is part of the fun for some people. It's not for me personally but to each their own.

Comment

This is my favourite channel on youtube and the startnof this video is really not representative of Joel. Dont know what he was thinking, really. Far too polished and pompus.

Comment

Where did his money come from?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Where did his money come from?
                      I think he was a stockbroker

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                        He's pretty cool .I do like his content.

Bithead1000 for the win
                        Greatest videogame program in the history of human civilisation.
                        Last edited by Baseley09; 23-09-2018, 11:32.

Comment

I just thought it all vaguely surreal but I'm glad I watched it.

Could imagine him having a breakdown and ending up some kind of strange, demented hermit in that place, cats and faeces and cobwebs everywhere, catsh!t all up in the pedals and seats of them arcade cabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                            Greatest videogame program in the history of human civilisation.
                            +1 I love Bithead1000. He’s the only channel that watch EVERY video that he puts up all the way through, even the mammoth 1+hour ones. He’s YouTube’s best kept secret imo. You do need to be late 30’s / early 40’s to fully appreciate though. Brilliant stuff.

Lastgamer: I thinks he’s a bit crazy. There’s having a passion for gaming and then there’s this... On a previous video he was talking about how his house was out of electricity for a week because he was having work done to give his property more power for the arcade. What’s the point going to all that trouble for a private arcade just to have everything on at once? For a YouTube video maybe?

Also, the fact that he’s married with 2 young children I don’t see how he can put any rewarding time in all his gaming ‘set-up’s’ I think YouTube is a huge catalyst for his motivation, but at what cost.

Comment

His human soul.

Comment

Suppose the youtube sycophant viewership stroking his e-peen probably spurs him on to doing it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X