User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    People seem to really like Valkyria Chronicles; not sure if that counts as it's an SRPG, but I guess it might appeal.
    It's interesting, because the system has many of them but I struggle to name one which stands out. There are several good Tales games, several of the Atelier series which has fans.
    There's Neptunia if you want swimsuit-clad young anime women who are personifications of consoles.
    People seemed to like Eternal Sonata. I looked forward to that because of its interesting premise (it's set in a world based upon the music of Chopin, set inside a fever dream he had during an illness as a young child)... Except the final game didn't really seem to do much with that premise. I've heard it's pretty good as a JRPG despite that though.
    The first Neptunia is not only one of the worst JRPGs on the PS3 but one of the worst games, along with Time And Eternity...and essentially every game by Idea Factory/Compile Heart, which at best are average. If you feel really generous.

The three Alchemist (Rorona, Totori, Meruru) games are on varying quality and have all been remade for the Vita with revamped system. These versions have been recently ported on the Switch and PS4...I've just received my copy today.

I personally wouldn't classify Valkyria Chronicles or Nier as RPGs, but then again everyone likes to slap a random term + RPG for marketing purpoes.

Back on track:
    Ar Nosurge is OK, not that great and you might feel a bit lost if you haven't played the Ar Tonelico games.
    Ar Tonelico 3 is possibly the worst of the series, play it only if you've played the other 2.
    Still in the Alchemist series, Escha & Logy is alright, much closer to a standard JRPG than the Arland trilogy (Rorona, Totori, Meruru)
    Lost Dimension is an interesting game if you can get into it.
    Resonance Of Fate is poorly explained but once you learn it it's a blast to play with very funny characters.
    Shining Resonance is another OK game that has been remade for PS4 and Switch with extra content.
    The Legend of Heroes series (2 chapters on PS3, 2 on PS4) is great, but very time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    The first Neptunia is not only one of the worst JRPGs on the PS3 but one of the worst games, along with Time And Eternity...and essentially every game by Idea Factory/Compile Heart, which at best are average. If you feel really generous.
    That's the final western name for Toki to Towa, right?

I was really disappointed with that game. I saw a very short trailer long before it came out and actually thought it might've been good, because visually it was just so novel. Shame the final game was dreadful.