Star Wars 4K, Now with added Jedi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars 4K, Now with added Jedi

A 4K scan has been released of episode IV.

with Jedi coming soon, and Empire yet to be started but planned.
    Last edited by beecee; 23-11-2018, 14:41.

Want.
    I can't imagine it will be long before Disney get on to an official UHD HDR release of ep. 4 to 6 now that the Fox deal is done.

Comment

Can't wait for the 8K version!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        Want.
        I can't imagine it will be long before Disney get on to an official UHD HDR release of ep. 4 to 6 now that the Fox deal is done.
        It's an exciting thought but I would only buy if they were the theatrical versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
          Can't wait for the 8K version!
          Please. I'm waiting on the 1T version.

Comment

I've been considering cancelling my Easynews subscription but I'd glad I didn't! Will nab this over the weekend.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance but where can I actually download this from? Just built my first PC in 18 years and it's fair to say I'm a bit behind the times.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                Forgive my ignorance but where can I actually download this from?
                From what I gather it is on some newsgroup so 1996.

Comment

It's quite straight forward, i'm getting them just now, MASSIVE files though.

Comment

usenet only? I'll do a once month sign up if so. I currently use laserdisc transfers to DVD and the quality on a modern TV is exactly as you might expect!

Comment

Not using usenet, i signed up to the star wars trilogy forums, and there is a guide there on how to get them.

Until now i've been using the 1080p despecialized editions, these are around 7gb, so expecting big things and cannot wait for theses to finish downloading, going to nab the 1080p versions later as well.

Comment

Do you need a GTX 1080 founders edition to play them back at 24fps?

Comment

I’ve downloaded the 4K version but in my excitement never really thought about how on earth I’m going to get the file to my TV to play it. Don’t own a large enough usb stick and can’t imagine that would be quick enough anyway. Have to investigate long HDMI cables or something.

Comment

Success! I found an old 60GB IDE HDD put the .mkv file on there and used an IDE to USB adaptor. Got it playing on the 1X using the default Xbox Media Player app. Doesn’t seem to like the DTS audio so I’m using audio track 14.
                            The picture is sensational on this release. So much fine detail. I take my hat off to the people behind it they have done a very good job.

Comment

Right. Fuggit. I don't mind sounding stoopid, I'd rather ask questions and look dumb and learn than pretend to know my onions when I got a bunch of radishes in my sac.

It's a hard question to ask but just how 'deep' can movies like Star Wars get in terms of 'K'? How many more 'K' can this 41yr old movie survive???

Yeah. (Baphomet rock n roll fingers)

Comment

Working...
                              X