Forza Horizon 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have to be done in order.

1 - Own and Drive and Extreme Off-road class vehicle.
    2 - Win 3 cross country events in Extreme off road vehicle.
    3 - Earn 20 wreckage skills in extreme off road vehicle.
    4 - Earn a total of 9 stars from danger signs in an extreme off road vehicle.

Those ones are weekly and change with the season, you also have daily challenges and hourly Forzathon meet ups on the hour every hour.

Comment

Ah, OK, thanks I didn’t realise that. So what I’m doing for number 3 - i.e. crashing into loads of stuff and registering ‘wrecking’ points - is correct, I just hadn’t finished numbers 1 and 2 yet?
      [MENTION=2386]Family Fry[/MENTION]

Comment

Yeah you were doing right thing, wrecking points is usually just crashing through a few breakable fences and trees etc.
        You probabaly unlocked step 1 when you drove in an extreme off road car but needed to do step 2 - win 3 cross country before moving onto step 3 wrecking.

It’s unfortunately not clear that they need to be done in order from the menu.

Comment

Nothing is clear in this game! I was leant a wrx to do a dirt stage but after I’d done it I was still driving it. I think it’s might be mine to keep now but not sure. The driving feels great though and I like the trigger feedback which, as far as I can tell, seems to have been put into the controller specially for forza!

Comment

@Brad yeah any car I’ve been given for an event I’ve generally been able to keep, except the ones for the stuntman levels.

It is deffo confusing. It feels like a towering stack of stuff that’s been built up over the last four games, and which probably makes more sense if you’ve played them all and seen the progression.

Thanks [MENTION=2386]Family Fry[/MENTION]

Comment

Funny you should say it carries from the other games because a LOT of stuff was added just for FH4 which I’m hearing some are now being looked at to get patched out or changed. I spent SO much time with FH3 I personally prefer it over 4. Australia is a great location, two expansions were good fun, Blizzard Island and Hot Wheels, this location had speed boosts, jumps and loops. Forzathon was once a week and you got rewarded money, a car and XP usually for each. Also if you had a duplicate car it told you it was a duplicate and asked you if you wanted to sell it for a fixed price (believe this is being patched into FH4)
              I’ve heard there were a few things that have been removed since 3 but are now being patched into 4, it’s just a strange situation,.

Anyways if no one has got FH3 I would highly recommend going back to it, FH2 hasn’t aged well, FH is BC on 360 if you can find a boxed copy, personally I will rate FH3 as the peak of the series.

Comment

FH4 looks spectacular and it's novel racing in the UK in different seasons but if you've played the others it offers little new. There's also no real incentive to win races, it just keeps chucking new events at you regardless. The franchise needs to take a break.

Comment

In what way has FH2 not aged well?

Comment

First racing game since like Sega Rally I enjoyed. Nice and smooth and I could control it well. I wouldn't ever buy it if it got taken off Game Pass, but it's nice to just cruise around when you want to take a break from the gunslinging.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                      In what way has FH2 not aged well?
                      I would say as an earlier title from this gen there is a huge disparity in the graphics. My feeling is that 2 was just more of the same after the first, but
                      Maybe not quite as compelling overall. 3 hit verything on the head right

Comment

Ironically I think FH3 is my choice for weakest of the 4 games, there's admittedly little between them all but FH3 felt (outside of the DLC) the closest to phoned in, it was overly similar to FH2

Comment

I must get around to installing this. I've just noticed it has:

1974 Holden Sandman HQ panel van

1973 Holden HQ Monaro GTS 350

So that's the two cars I'll be driving 99% of the time

Oh and Aussie forza horizon will always be numero uno in my (admittedly biased) mind

Comment

I have got to the stage where the game is just ticking over. I do the daily and weekly Forzathon challenges and am sitting on almost 3000 points with nothing to buy.

Tha main thing that is currently putting me off is the garage size. FH3 had a 550 car garage and less than 550 cars. FH4 has the same garage size. I am on 549 cars (two duplicates I think) with 4 cars from Fortune Island to get and maybe half a dozen from the car pass. I would like to congratulate the genius that decided to keep the same garage size and have a game with more cars than you can fit.

Rumour has it that the garage size will increase when they have thoroughly tested it. This has been going on for a couple of months which doesn’t really bode well!

Comment

Finally got around to redeeming my code, hated the way I had to do a million races before I can buy cars and look in my garage. Honestly guys just dump me in and let me do my thing.

It sure does look great but it seems more of the same from FH3 to be honest. Not sure how many hours I'll put into this.

Comment

I think I've got series burn out with this one. Having out 100+hrs into the first three games ive barely hit 25hrs in this one and am struggling to want to go back to it. Not that there's really anything wrong with it, i just think I've kinda seen it all before now.

The lack of Toyota doesn't help in all honesty. A racing game without a Supra, Celica or MR2 was never going to grab me long term...

Comment

Working...
                                X