Isolating a DualShock 4 to PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isolating a DualShock 4 to PS3

Topic. Is it possible to use one DS4 and switch between systems or buy a second DS4 and use it exclusively for PS3 without it «activating» the PS4? I know I could just plug out the power from the PS4 and pair my existing one to the PS3 but I’d prefer if I didn’t have to!

This was meant for the tech forum, sorry!

Comment

From my own experience I believe this is possible. I had a DS4 connected via wire to my ps3, with the ps4 in the room, and once I'd configured the DS4 i don't remember it powering up the PS4. I used mine wired though, which might be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        From my own experience I believe this is possible. I had a DS4 connected via wire to my ps3, with the ps4 in the room, and once I'd configured the DS4 i don't remember it powering up the PS4. I used mine wired though, which might be different.
        Worked great wired but I still think it turned on my PS4 in the other room! The PS button doesn’t seem to work though, had to turn on the DualShock 3 to quit the game I was in.

Comment

I'll have to try it again and see. I don't remember it turning on my PS4. One thing i did notice is on games like Burnout Paradise when it asks you to press start, you can't do it on the DS4 because it doesn't accept Options as Start.

Comment

Working...
          X