Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name that game thread - ask and we will try to find it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Regarding my job while i work in a building that looks like the umbrella mansion i don't do weapons research. I process samples from people who have gotten an infection and need to find out which antibiotics to use to kill the bacteria. A tiring & gross job.
    Sounds like you love it

If it’s that bad then I’d suggest trying to move to a pharmaceutical and get involved in Environmental Monitoring. From there you could progress your career into the likes of validation, investigations, risk assessment etc. It’s one way out of the lab.

Comment

Love the horror faces. You are the best colleague.

Interesting job - so you're the doctor saving our nation's youth from the perils of syphilis and other VD! March on, brave soldier.

Comment

Someone had shat round the back of that building the other day, opposite that 'WHERE THE HEART IS' building. It was like a rather large walnut whip, a classic coiled turd but with ruffled edges.

What's amazing is it's quite a public place to squoit one out, and they must have deffo squatted while perpetrating the act.

Comment

C64 game. Side scrolling I think. Your character was on a hover board. I remember it being pretty impressive at the time. Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            C64 game. Side scrolling I think. Your character was on a hover board. I remember it being pretty impressive at the time. Anyone?
            I'm guessing you probably check to make it sure it wasn't Back to the Future 2? I don't even know C64 games and that's what came to mind reading "hoverboard".

Comment

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] Shockway Rider? I remember enjoying it back then; it looks a bit rubbish now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_g6IwwAWOY

Comment

Sadly not, but... I thought I remembered it had warrior in the title and when I added that to c64 hover board it gave me...

Psi Warrior!

It was mostly the turning animation that I thought was cool.

Comment

It could be 'Metro-Cross'.

Comment

Ah, first thought was Psi Warrior, but you got there first!
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Psi Warrior!

I'll give it a go on the Pi.

Comment

After finding out about the website pcjs.org which runs IBM pcs of the 80's and 90's through javascript, including a few old games and stuff like windows 3.1, it sent me down a rabbit hole of trying find the old 'educational" games that ran on my primary schools computers back in late 80's, and i couldn't for the life of me remember if we had BBC micros, RM Nimbus and IBM's or something weird like a tandy machine.

Managed to find one of the games i was looking for, where you send out your people to collecting things like wood and food, then bring it back to build a motte and bailey called Fletchers Castle on the acorn bbc, for some reason i though the bbc always used monochrome colours like black/white or purple and teal, but fletchers castle used colours.

the other was moving a fox head around a grid revealing a map, which turns out was Suburban Fox.

So... what i'm also looking for

Taxi cab game, pretty sure it was multiplayer, you input how much you would charge against your fuel (i think) and looked abit like ghostbusters city map.

Snooker game where you could only input the degrees and power

an adventure game with multiple game types of which all i remember was being in a hotair balloon scrolling though a black and white cave with large triangle spikes all over the ceiling and floor.

Comment

Woah, I had forgotten about RM Nimbus computers. We had those in primary school. The main game I remember is one where it tested your spelling and for each correct answer it would add another part to a rocket. If you got a certain number of answers right the rocket would take off. For some reason this was a compelling proposition at the time!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            Woah, I had forgotten about RM Nimbus computers. We had those in primary school. The main game I remember is one where it tested your spelling and for each correct answer it would add another part to a rocket. If you got a certain number of answers right the rocket would take off. For some reason this was a compelling proposition at the time!
                            https://www.thenimbus.co.uk/worm for a blast of nostalgia and that paintspa/news paper software

Comment

Bloody hell I'd forgotten about that paint software. Remember spending ages messing with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X