Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 migrating to new hard disk

Hi all,
    Looking to upgrade my 120gb SSD boot disk to a larger SSD. Have done this before but think the Evo SSD came with some sort of migration software which took care of it. I have an Inateck clone device which I use for some of my hard disk which works great, but I'm concerned that using that will only let me use 120gb of space in the new SSD. Does anyone know the best way to deal with this? I don't want a fresh install as I have everything setup exactly as I like.

Cheers
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

You can get cloning software that will extend a partition as it does the cloning.

This one will

Though I'm not sure if it's locked to WD drives.

Otherwise you may just be able to extend the partition once it's in situ using the partition manager or another piece of software.

Comment

Acronis used to have a free version you could run form a memory stick.

Comment

Acronis is commercially available and a full license is not linked to any HDD, operating system, or computer.
        You can also use Clonezilla, which is free, but its GUI is "kinda" old...but IMO works better than Acronis.
        Partition extension can be also done directly under Windows with the admin management tools.

Comment

Cheers guys I have Easeus parititon manager too I realised. Should I be able to extend the partition afterwards using any of the above software if worst comes to worst? Cheers.

Edit: Seems that Acronis has issues migrating Windows 10 after reading around, is this definitely the case?
          Last edited by Escape-To-88; 14-10-2018, 16:39.
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
          X